JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Yesterday, thanks to MalwareTips community, I have solved an issue with Emsisoft Internet Security using Revo Pro: A major problem prevents the application startup
When I used Revo Pro I noticed that it cannot made a restoration point.
So I go to take a look and noticed that there is an error.
Erreur restauration.PNG
Erreur restauration(2).PNG
I tried to apply the following fix but without success: Problème restauration système - erreur 0x81000203 Windows 7/8
Can you help me ?

Last edited:

Nono

Level 1
Nov 25, 2016
Hello,
Finally I am back, later than I wanted. Sorry for that.
The PC OS is Windows 10 Home (Famille).
The error 0x81000203 occurred after using kavremvr.exe to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2016 to install KIS 2017.
Kaspersky Lab believes that error 0x81000203 is a Windows problem, I was advised to contact Microsoft for help...
Under the guidance of Kaspersky Lab, I have created a restore point. I checked that the restore point existed and that before using kavremvr.
I tried several things described here in previous post #127, but I have not been to the end (I have not changed Volume in Volsnap).
First I did steps 1. to 4. describe in 'first step' (post #127) but I no longer remember if I deleted the registry key, but in any case it no longer exists.
Then at steps 5. and 6. I started services.msc and started the 4 services. 2 of the 4 services, COM + System Application (Application système COM+) and COM + Event System (Système d'événement COM+) make the error 1068 or have stopped. (See attachments : Application système COM+_erreur 1068.PNG, Système d'événement COM+_Erreur 1068.PNG and Système d'événement COM+ s'est arrêté.PNG). Is it Ok or not Ok? Do these 4 services have to function perfectly before continuing the next steps?
Thank you

Attachments

• Application système COM+_erreur 1068.PNG
    Application système COM+_erreur 1068.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 524
  • Système d'événement COM+_Erreur 1068.PNG
    Système d'événement COM+_Erreur 1068.PNG
    27.1 KB · Views: 513
  • Système d'événement COM+ s'est arrêté.PNG
    Système d'événement COM+ s'est arrêté.PNG
    32.7 KB · Views: 418
Reactions: JB007 and DardiM
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Finally I am back, later than I wanted. Sorry for that.
The PC OS is Windows 10 Home (Famille).
The error 0x81000203 occurred after using kavremvr.exe to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2016 to install KIS 2017.
Kaspersky Lab believes that error 0x81000203 is a Windows problem, I was advised to contact Microsoft for help...
Under the guidance of Kaspersky Lab, I have created a restore point. I checked that the restore point existed and that before using kavremvr.
I tried several things described here in previous post #127, but I have not been to the end (I have not changed Volume in Volsnap).
First I did steps 1. to 4. describe in 'first step' (post #127) but I no longer remember if I deleted the registry key, but in any case it no longer exists.
Then at steps 5. and 6. I started services.msc and started the 4 services. 2 of the 4 services, COM + System Application (Application système COM+) and COM + Event System (Système d'événement COM+) make the error 1068 or have stopped. (See attachments : Application système COM+_erreur 1068.PNG, Système d'événement COM+_Erreur 1068.PNG and Système d'événement COM+ s'est arrêté.PNG). Is it Ok or not Ok? Do these 4 services have to function perfectly before continuing the next steps?
Thank you
Hello @Nono
I think that @Xtwillight and @Evjl's Rain can help you:)

Reactions: DardiM
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
this is a very hard thing to fix. The best is to reinstall windows from fresh

however, you may try some following solutions (my solutions -> proceed with caution, please please backup!!!!!!!! I'm not responsible for any damage)

1/ use Tweaking.com Windows repair portable -> extract -> run Repair_Windows.exe -> select Repairs tab -> Open Repairs -> uncheck the first box -> it will uncheck everything -> select 3, 5, 19, 26, 27 -> start repairs
reboot windows and try again if it works or not

2/ ignore services problem -> try volsnap solution directly

3/ DANGEROUS (I haven't tried this one myself so please backup)
- Run -> regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Services
- select EventSystem -> Look at your right side -> double-click on DependOnService -> delete everything in the box below and click OK
- Look at your left side -> select COMSysApp -> Look at your right side -> double-click on DependOnService -> delete everything in the box below and click OK
- Reboot
- Open services.msc -> see if those 2 COM+ services are working or not
- Again I haven't tried this myself. I'm not responsible for any damge or unbootable machine

4/ If everything doesn't work. I recommend a full windows repair

Upvote 0

Nono

Level 1
Nov 25, 2016
Hello everybody

Thank you very much to all of you for your answers and for your time in answering questions.
To answer @ Evjl's Rain, as proposed would not it be better to completely reinstall Windows? More efficient and hassle-free? If you do not mind, I'd like to get help with the reinstallation. (Should the subject be moved to another topic?).
My PC is originally installed with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. An SSD for C:, and HHD for D: and for E:.
At the beginning (of the purchase), I had created a repair disk on CD and saved the contents of the E: Recover partition on an external hard drive. ('Recover' contains 3 folders including Drivers, Recover, Tools and a swconf.dat file.) In my backups, I do not find 'WindowsImageBackup', I do not understand why I did not create a disk image of my PC, because on the other hand I created one for another identical PC. Is 'WindowsImageBackup' equivalent to a 'ghost'? Would a ghost have been useful in the case of repair / reinstallation? I am not sure how to create a ghost, I found an explanation here in French Création d'image Système (Ghost).
At the PC brand, I am told that for the reinstallation of Windows, it is necessary to restart by pressing F11. Someone wanted to help me live by phone but I still had to save the data from partition D :. I spoke about partition E: Recover and apparently everything should be reinstalled from this folder, is this correct? I did not receive any additional help as I had to first save the D: partition. By doing F11, is this what you need to do to reinstall Windows 10 (Home)? Is it going back to the factory setting (Windows 10) ?
I would not want to lose the license (?) If reinstalling from another source.
Product key (?) Is there one? A product ID is indicated in the system info.
Probably, in the reinstallation some programs will be installed automatically, I guess I cannot prevent these programs from installing automatically?

Thank you for the help

Reactions: JB007 and Shadowave
Upvote 0

Nono

Level 1
Nov 25, 2016
To find your installed key: Click Command Prompt (admin)
Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey , or you can use ShowKeyPlus : Releases · Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus · GitHub

To download official windows you can always use MediaCreationTool: Download Windows 10

Hello,
I found the product key. If everything was so simple ;-)
As mentioned in the previous post, finally I restart the PC and I pressed F11, the PC restarted via the CyberLink PowerRecover tools and via the follow-up menu Windows has reinstalled.
Currently Windows 10 is back to version 1511. I have not yet updated Windows.
I have other questions that I will ask another time.
Thank you.

Reactions: JB007 and Shadowave
Upvote 0

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Hello,
I found the product key. If everything was so simple ;-)
As mentioned in the previous post, finally I restart the PC and I pressed F11, the PC restarted via the CyberLink PowerRecover tools and via the follow-up menu Windows has reinstalled.
Currently Windows 10 is back to version 1511. I have not yet updated Windows.
I have other questions that I will ask another time.
Thank you.
I had this too just remove Kaspersky properly and it will be probaly fixed ;) I use Avira after this becus it has better rewards than kaspersky and i could not use kaspersky...

Reactions: JB007
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.