JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Yesterday, thanks to MalwareTips community, I have solved an issue with Emsisoft Internet Security using Revo Pro: A major problem prevents the application startup
When I used Revo Pro I noticed that it cannot made a restoration point.
So I go to take a look and noticed that there is an error.
Erreur restauration.PNG
Erreur restauration(2).PNG
I tried to apply the following fix but without success: Problème restauration système - erreur 0x81000203 Windows 7/8
Can you help me ?

Last edited:

baf13

Nov 1, 2016
Sorry in advance for my English I am French.

I have the same problem having used kaspersky removal tool (Kavremover), I followed the tutoriel but when I want to change the value "Service" to "volsnap" I have this error message (translation in English): "impossible to modify Service: error during the writing of the new contents of the value"

thank you for your help

Attachments

• 2016-11-01 19_25_00-Éditeur du Registre.jpg
    2016-11-01 19_25_00-Éditeur du Registre.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 472
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Sorry in advance for my English I am French.

I have the same problem having used kaspersky removal tool (Kavremover), I followed the tutoriel but when I want to change the value "Service" to "volsnap" I have this error message (translation in English): "impossible to modify Service: error during the writing of the new contents of the value"

thank you for your help
Need Help - Error 0x81000203

Upvote 0

Nono

Level 1
Nov 25, 2016
Hello, the same problem here and also after using Kavremvr.exe on Windows 10.
Can you wait to close this thread? There are a few questions about the handling of repairs to be done that will be asked another day.
Thank you very much for your understanding.

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello, the same problem here and also after using Kavremvr.exe on Windows 10.
Can you wait to close this thread? There are a few questions about the handling of repairs to be done that will be asked another day.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
Hello @Nono
Welcome:)
You are on the right forum to solve your problem;)

Reactions: Xtwillight
Upvote 0

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
This problem persist @ users who had instaled TuneUp Utilities 2009 / 2010 / 2011,

TuneUp Utilities 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Turbo Mode block system protection / restore.
Which Turbo Mode is on, turn off Turbo Mode and go to Windows / Control Panel / System and Security / System Protection and these not anymore " error code 0x81000203 "
Problem fixed.

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
This problem persist @ users who had instaled TuneUp Utilities 2009 / 2010 / 2011,

TuneUp Utilities 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Turbo Mode block system protection / restore.
Which Turbo Mode is on, turn off Turbo Mode and go to Windows / Control Panel / System and Security / System Protection and these not anymore " error code 0x81000203 "
Problem fixed.
this problem was solved. The cause was due to kaspersky uninstaller tool not due to tuneup utilities (which is also a known cause)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.