JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Yesterday, thanks to MalwareTips community, I have solved an issue with Emsisoft Internet Security using Revo Pro: A major problem prevents the application startup
When I used Revo Pro I noticed that it cannot made a restoration point.
So I go to take a look and noticed that there is an error.
Erreur restauration.PNG
Erreur restauration(2).PNG
I tried to apply the following fix but without success: Problème restauration système - erreur 0x81000203 Windows 7/8
Can you help me ?

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Untitled.png

I tried to check the option for OWNER RIGHTS but it said "Unable to save changes on Volume" - ... denied
I took ownership for the key and successfully was able to change the permissions like the screenshot

however, VSS and Microsoft software... = Automatic + started -> VSS still doesn't work

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Okay i have see it what JB007 and Evjl´s Rain write.

I try one Instructions to make,
That is with a Reg Tool System.

We can try that, To allow it to Repair.
I hope that it works.

It takes a while. Until I post it here.

see you later.
Hello @Xtwillight
Is it necessary for me to do some modifications on the registry ?

Upvote 0

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Upvote 0

alexandrebr

Level 1
Oct 9, 2016
View attachment 117730

I tried to check the option for OWNER RIGHTS but it said "Unable to save changes on Volume" - ... denied

Hi.

I'm also facing the same issue. I've tried to check the option as well but couldn't. What are the steps to be allowed to check that option?

By the way, my guess is that KIS (Kaspersky) is the responsible for the problem. I've sent a ticket to support but haven't got an answer up to now.

Reactions: JB007 and Logethica
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi.

I'm also facing the same issue. I've tried to check the option as well but couldn't. What are the steps to be allowed to check that option?

By the way, my guess is that KIS (Kaspersky) is the responsible for the problem. I've sent a ticket to support but haven't got an answer up to now.
hi
First go to permissions -> choose Advanced -> Owner: -> change -> enter your use name (must be exact) if it is exactly the same as your user name you can press Enter on your keyboard. If you don't know the exact user name, click Check Names and select your user name
When you see Owner: "your current user name" -> click OK

Then you can click on OWNER RIGHTS (there may be 2 OWNER RIGHTS) change the permissions. 1 of them may be successful

This is a difficult problem. Perhaps kaspersky needs more time find the answer but this problem could be irreversible. At that time, we have to reset windows or restore from a backup or permanently turn off VSS
It may be,l but wait I am whith more Users About that problem.

Try the following:

I think I did this step before I restored windows from my img backup last time and it was not successful. Could be the same this time :(
waiting for the result from @JB007

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
The Problem ist not absolutely bye Kaspersky Removaltool 'Kavremover.
That seems a Problem from allocation right in Windows to be.

Errors:
ANOTHER ERROR: 0x81000203
We are looking for the needle in a haystack ;)

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
The Problem ist not absolutely bye Kaspersky Removaltool 'Kavremover.
That seems a Problem from allocation right in Windows to be.

Errors:
ANOTHER ERROR: 0x81000203
We are looking for the needle in a haystack ;)
regardings the solution in veritas.com, they said "service" = "volsnap"
all "service" values are set to "volume". Not sure if we should change it or not,safe or not safe :(
Untitled.png

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.