JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Yesterday, thanks to MalwareTips community, I have solved an issue with Emsisoft Internet Security using Revo Pro: A major problem prevents the application startup
When I used Revo Pro I noticed that it cannot made a restoration point.
So I go to take a look and noticed that there is an error.
Erreur restauration.PNG
Erreur restauration(2).PNG
I tried to apply the following fix but without success: Problème restauration système - erreur 0x81000203 Windows 7/8
Can you help me ?

Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello @Xtwillight
If I understand you spoiler, I have to change 5/ and 6/:
5/Fixed Disk Boot Sector >>> It's good to change "Normal" to "Write Protect"
6/Intel Platform Trust Technology >>> It's good to change "off" for "on"

Can you confirm to me if I can made these BIOS changes without risks ? Thanks.

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hi, I have the exact same problem with system restore on W10
THe problem started after I uninstalled kaspersky using iobit uninstaller (no traces found) and kaspersky uninstaller tool then I installed avast internet security. From this time, I started having this problem (0x81000203). I don't have tuneup turbo mode. I also checked that 2 of the required services are automatic and started. Don't know what to do other than restoring from an image backup (unfavorable) :(
Last time doing this, I also got this problem. After unisntalling avast and re-installing kaspersky, it wasn't solved
Hello @Evjl's Rain
I have also used Kaspersky removal tool, but I do not know if my problem started immediatly after using it. I noticed my problem later...

Upvote 0

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Hi, I have the exact same problem with system restore on W10
THe problem started after I uninstalled kaspersky using iobit uninstaller (no traces found) and kaspersky uninstaller tool then I installed avast internet security. From this time, I started having this problem (0x81000203). I don't have tuneup turbo mode. I also checked that 2 of the required services are automatic and started. Don't know what to do other than restoring from an image backup (unfavorable) :(
Last time doing this, I also got this problem. After unisntalling avast and re-installing kaspersky, it wasn't solved

Hello Evjl's Rain,
a many Peopel did not know, that there is a problem Kaspersky and Shadow Copy (VSS) there were.
Meanwhile, the issue is resolved.

I'll try first JB007 to help, then we can look at your problem;)

Upvote 0

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Hello @Xtwillight
If I understand you spoiler, I have to change 5/ and 6/:
5/Fixed Disk Boot Sector >>> It's good to change "Normal" to "Write Protect"
6/Intel Platform Trust Technology >>> It's good to change "off" for "on"

Can you confirm to me if I can made these BIOS changes without risks ? Thanks.

• JB007 "5/Fixed Disk Boot Sector >>> It's good to change "Normal" to "Write Protect"
    No Normal Protect is Right!
  • 6/Intel Platform Trust Technology >>> It's good to change "off" for "on"
    No Off is Right!

Hello @Evjl's Rain
I have also used Kaspersky removal tool, but I do not know if my problem started immediatly after using it. I noticed my problem later...

Oh oh JB007, that Could your Problem have been.
I have in my Forum a Beta Tester, has reported a Kaspersky version Vss has disabled,
and all Shadow Copy deletet has. This problem has been corrected.

I'll ask him if he knows, if he knows how to eliminate the problem with VSS!

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Oh oh JB007, that Could your Problem have been.
I have in my Forum a Beta Tester, has reported a Kaspersky version Vss has disabled,
and all Shadow Copy deletet has. This problem has been corrected.

I'll ask him if he knows, if he knows how to eliminate the problem with VSS!

Thanks, I hope he can:)
If it can help you, I have installed and removed Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 stable version (not beta).

Upvote 0

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
"Kav Remover" should be used only when standard uninstallation (Control Panel -> Programs & Features) failed and Kaspersky leftovers/drivers were not completely uninstalled/deleted. Sometimes this tool could be very problematic.

In general to perform a good Kaspersky uninstallation:

1.- Disable in Settings -> Additional -> Self-Defense.

2.- Exit product (from K icon in Windows TaskBar -> Exit), wait some seconds until Kaspersky services leave the system.

3.- Go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features and run Kaspersky standard uninstaller.

After that, personally I usually run a Windows Registry clean up with tool: Registrar Registry Manager Free, just type word: kaspersky and find all the registry keys that left in system and delete all of them.

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
"Kav Remover" should be used only when standard uninstallation (Control Panel -> Programs & Features) failed and Kaspersky leftovers/drivers were not completely uninstalled/deleted. Sometimes this tool could be very problematic.

2.- Exit product (from K icon in Windows TaskBar -> Exit), wait some seconds until Kaspersky services leave the system.

3.- Go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features and run Kaspersky standard uninstaller.

After that, personally I usually run a Windows Registry clean up with tool: Registrar Registry Manager Free, just type word: kaspersky and find all the registry keys that left in system and delete all of them.
thank you for clarification but the damage has been done :(
I dont really know how to fix it without restoring from a img backup

Upvote 0

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014

• thank you harlan4096, Schulte has informed me
    that you help the Users.;)
thank you for clarification but the damage has been done :(
I dont really know how to fix it without restoring from a img backup

Evjl's Rain make a Image Backup
With Macrium Reflect frees ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx )
Then try the instructions the harlan4096 post.
https://malwaretips.com/threads/error-0x81000203.63564/page-5#post-549661

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
  • thank you harlan4096, Schulte has informed me
    that you help the Users.;)

Evjl's Rain make a Image Backup
With Macrium Reflect frees ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx )
Then try the instructions the harlan4096 post.
https://malwaretips.com/threads/error-0x81000203.63564/page-5#post-549661
Thank you for the post but I already have the problem and it cannot be fixed now. There is no point to make a backup and uninstall KIS anymore because it was already uninstalled by Kaspersky uninstaller
I would try to use registry manager to remove kaspersky entries to see if there is any imrovement. Otherwise I would disable VSS permanently

Upvote 0

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Evjl's Rain I would have understood that
"Thank you for the post but I already have the problem and it cannot be fixed now. There is no point to make a backup and uninstall KIS anymore because it was already uninstalled by Kaspersky uninstaller".

Therefore dignity I to rate,
a Backup with Macrium Reflect frees to make.
Than have you a Image from your hard drive.

And then you try to use registry manager to remove kaspersky entries to see if there is any imrovement.

report you, if it works and Vss after that is working !;)

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Evjl's Rain I would have understood that
"Thank you for the post but I already have the problem and it cannot be fixed now. There is no point to make a backup and uninstall KIS anymore because it was already uninstalled by Kaspersky uninstaller".

Therefore dignity I to rate,
a Backup with Macrium Reflect frees to make.
Than have you a Image from your hard drive.

And then you try to use registry manager to remove kaspersky entries to see if there is any imrovement.

report you, if it works and Vss after that is working !;)
Hello @Xtwillight
Alas for me I have yet uninstalled KIS 2017 with "KAV Remover":(
Can I hope for a solution or my problem is definitively unsolvable ?

Upvote 0

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Hello @Xtwillight
Alas for me I have yet uninstalled KIS 2017 with "KAV Remover":(
Can I hope for a solution or my problem is definitively unsolvable ?
Hello JB007,
try the solution from harlan4096 and the [URL='https://malwaretips.com/members/evjls-rain.51905/']Evjl's Rain[/URL] tried out.

harlan4096 is a Good User from Kaspersky Forum!
There are currently 8 User the this problem in the context With Kav Remover and VSS
have reported.

We try a solution for the Problem furthermore to find.;)

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello JB007,
try the solution from harlan4096 and the Evjl's Rain tried out.

harlan4096 is a Good User from Kaspersky Forum!
There are currently 8 User the this problem in the context With Kav Remover and VSS
have reported.

We try a solution for the Problem furthermore to find.;)
Hello, thanks @Xtwillight and @harlan4096 :)
I run "Registrar Registry Manager free" and delete all Kasperky keys it found, but my problem is not solved:(
RRMKasperskyCapture.PNG

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.