Status
Not open for further replies.

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I was trying to install a windows update and received this error. Then I tried to install a program and received this same error code saying access denied, I checked my permissions and all looks normal. I decided to do a system restore and received this message...system restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system error code 0x800700005 I ran a scan with Eset NOD32 and Malwarebytes and no malware was found, tried to run Hitman Pro but it had an error when trying to update, I don't think it's an infection, does anyone have any ideas? thank you.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I was trying to install a windows update and received this error. Then I tried to install a program and received this same error code saying access denied, I checked my permissions and all looks normal. I decided to do a system restore and received this message...system restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system error code 0x800700005 I ran a scan with Eset NOD32 and Malwarebytes and no malware was found, tried to run Hitman Pro but it had an error when trying to update, I don't think it's an infection, does anyone have any ideas? thank you.
I think your AV may be at fault when attempting a restore!
Shutdown Eset/CFW and try again!
If that didn't help we can investigate further:)

Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I just now got my laptop back to normal, what a nightmare lol I uninstalled CFW and my laptop went nuts, I couldn't do anything that was considoeed a change to the system, could not boot into safe mode, could not do a factory reset, it wouldn't even let me get into bios to boot from dvd drive, I just kept trying anything I could think of, and the really weird thing is Eset was blocking all my attempts to change settings in windows or any program, I could not disable Eset or uninstall it. Finally this morning after the 50th attemt in let me boot into recovery and let me do a system restore and I am up and running, was the strangest thing I have ever seen on a comp and I used to be a pretty risky surfer and had my share of infections but this was the worst and I never did find any malware on the system so I still am unsure of the cause. Thanks for all the suggestions you guys gave me,MT truly has the best people on the web for helping anyone with a problem, thanks again! :)

Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I'm also facing this problem right now. I tried to install .NET Framework 3.5 and I received this error, then tried to manually install it from "Turn Windows features on or off" but it's still no good. I also have ESET installed in this PC. What should I do?

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.