Status
Not open for further replies.

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I was trying to install a windows update and received this error. Then I tried to install a program and received this same error code saying access denied, I checked my permissions and all looks normal. I decided to do a system restore and received this message...system restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system error code 0x800700005 I ran a scan with Eset NOD32 and Malwarebytes and no malware was found, tried to run Hitman Pro but it had an error when trying to update, I don't think it's an infection, does anyone have any ideas? thank you.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Seriously? hahaha! What could be the best solution bro? I badly need to install .NET Framework 3.5 to be able to run some of the programs installed here in this PC.:(:(:(

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Just found the culprit, it is ESET... I booted into safe mode and uninstalled ESET. Then I installed .NET Framework 3.0 without any error. Thanks guys! :) I will probably stick with Windows Defender, at least for now.

Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Just found the culprit, it is ESET... I booted into safe mode and uninstalled ESET. Then I installed .NET Framework 3.0 without any error. Thanks guys! :) I will probably stick with Windows Defender, at least for now.
Your lucky, I couldn't even boot into safemode...Access Denied!!! lol

Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Lucky you bro. I really wanted to stay with ESET but it won't allow me. Now I have to move on and search for a new AV. lol

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

btw remove ESET , who knows... ^^

Just found the culprit, it is ESET...

i told you, i am .....

d4leLsel.jpg

:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.