Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Total voters
  • Poll closed .

upnorth

Level 31
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Time again for an old favorite. In the month of May it's time for the Eurovision Song Contest ( ESC ) 2019. Please try to remember it's a song/music contest and nothing else, so if one can't stay on that topic in this thread for any reason, simply ignore the thread instead. Thanks!

I'll start with a few random contributions that I believe could go far. The dates are : 14th, 16th and the main final on the 18th of May. It's 41 countries that compete. I'll update the thread as soon the show starts air. :emoji_v:

Thread Rules!
  • No more then 2 videos per post.
  • Spoiler on every video. ( Exception on the Grand Final. )
  • Don't Flood the thread.
  • No political BS.
  • MTs Rules apply for the rest.
Please cast your vote if you like. Enjoy! :emoji_popcorn:

Click on the Spoiler text to show the video.

1. Czech Republic
2. France

Last edited:

Transhumana

Level 5
Verified
Another ESC fan here. :emoji_beer: :D
Yesterday I watched MF and even though I think Lundvik won with a good song, I preferred both Hanna & LIAMOO's and Wiktoria's entry. I also like Jon Henrik, too bad Norrsken wasn't as good as some of his older songs.

So far in my top 5 (in random order) are Iceland, Italy, Slovenia, Portugal and Netherlands.

Marko :)

Level 14
Verified
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I do have semi-final (when my country is participating) and grand final switched on, when there's nothing else on TV. I haven't heard any of the songs except ours so I don't know who are my favorites, yet.
Another ESC fan here. :emoji_beer::D
Yesterday I watched MF and even though I think Lundvik won with a good song, I preferred both Hanna & LIAMOO's and Wiktoria's entry. I also like Jon Henrik, too bad Norrsken wasn't as good as some of his older songs.

So far in my top 5 (in random order) are Iceland, Italy, Slovenia, Portugal and Netherlands.
So, what do you think about our entry? I think Luka Nižetić would be better choice just because song was somewhat catchy and I could see it somewhere in top 10. If it was up to me, I would ask Lorde if she wants to participate and let her represent us on Eurovision.

Transhumana

Level 5
Verified
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I do have semi-final (when my country is participating) and grand final switched on, when there's nothing else on TV. I haven't heard any of the songs except ours so I don't know who are my favorites, yet.

So, what do you think about our entry? I think Luka Nižetić would be better choice just because song was somewhat catchy and I could see it somewhere in top 10. If it was up to me, I would ask Lorde if she wants to participate and let her represent us on Eurovision.
I was also rooting for Luka. It's not the kind of music I usually listen to (well, to be honest, most of the ESC songs aren't, even though I am an ESC fan :D), but it sounded fresh and it had fun staging. Roko is a young guy with a great voice and I really think he deserves much better song to go with. This one's just... oh, well. It is what it is. I've heard a version in which Roko's playing a piano and sings completely in Croatian; it sounds softer and less cheesy. If they make a song revamp and if he loses wings and sings only in Croatian, it would be much better.

Edit: I missed that Lorde part. That would be amazing, but somehow I don't think she would be interested. :D:D

Last edited:

upnorth

Level 31
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Netherlands is a real good contribution and will be nice watch it tomorrow in the second semi-final. (y):emoji_popcorn:

Congratz to those that now made it to the grand final on Saturday.
  • Greece - Katerine Duska with Better Love
  • Belarus - ZENA with Like It
  • Serbia - Nevena Božović with Kruna
  • Cyprus - Tamta with Replay
  • Estonia - Victor Crone with Storm
  • Czech Republic - Lake Malawi with Friend Of A Friend
  • Australia - Kate Miller-Heidke with Zero Gravity
  • Iceland - Hatari with Hatrið mun sigra
  • San Marino - Serhat with Say Na Na Na
  • Slovenia - Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl with Sebi
News that the ESC concept will be exported to the USA was released yesterday. First show is planned to air 2021. American Song Contest ( ASC ).

Last edited: