ESC (Eurovision Song Contest) 2019

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Time again for an old favorite. In the month of May it's time for the Eurovision Song Contest ( ESC ) 2019. Please try to remember it's a song/music contest and nothing else, so if one can't stay on that topic in this thread for any reason, simply ignore the thread instead. Thanks!

I'll start with a few random contributions that I believe could go far. The dates are : 14th, 16th and the main final on the 18th of May. It's 41 countries that compete. I'll update the thread as soon the show starts air. :emoji_v:

Thread Rules!
  • No more then 2 videos per post.
  • Spoiler on every video. ( Exception on the Grand Final. )
  • Don't Flood the thread.
  • No political BS.
  • MTs Rules apply for the rest.
Please cast your vote if you like. Enjoy! :emoji_popcorn:

Click on the Spoiler text to show the video.

1. Czech Republic

2. France

Last edited:

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Another ESC fan here. :emoji_beer: :D
Yesterday I watched MF and even though I think Lundvik won with a good song, I preferred both Hanna & LIAMOO's and Wiktoria's entry. I also like Jon Henrik, too bad Norrsken wasn't as good as some of his older songs.

So far in my top 5 (in random order) are Iceland, Italy, Slovenia, Portugal and Netherlands.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I do have semi-final (when my country is participating) and grand final switched on, when there's nothing else on TV. I haven't heard any of the songs except ours so I don't know who are my favorites, yet.
Another ESC fan here. :emoji_beer::D
Yesterday I watched MF and even though I think Lundvik won with a good song, I preferred both Hanna & LIAMOO's and Wiktoria's entry. I also like Jon Henrik, too bad Norrsken wasn't as good as some of his older songs.

So far in my top 5 (in random order) are Iceland, Italy, Slovenia, Portugal and Netherlands.
So, what do you think about our entry? I think Luka Nižetić would be better choice just because song was somewhat catchy and I could see it somewhere in top 10. If it was up to me, I would ask Lorde if she wants to participate and let her represent us on Eurovision.

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I do have semi-final (when my country is participating) and grand final switched on, when there's nothing else on TV. I haven't heard any of the songs except ours so I don't know who are my favorites, yet.

So, what do you think about our entry? I think Luka Nižetić would be better choice just because song was somewhat catchy and I could see it somewhere in top 10. If it was up to me, I would ask Lorde if she wants to participate and let her represent us on Eurovision.

I was also rooting for Luka. It's not the kind of music I usually listen to (well, to be honest, most of the ESC songs aren't, even though I am an ESC fan :D), but it sounded fresh and it had fun staging. Roko is a young guy with a great voice and I really think he deserves much better song to go with. This one's just... oh, well. It is what it is. I've heard a version in which Roko's playing a piano and sings completely in Croatian; it sounds softer and less cheesy. If they make a song revamp and if he loses wings and sings only in Croatian, it would be much better.

Edit: I missed that Lorde part. That would be amazing, but somehow I don't think she would be interested. :D:D

Last edited:

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
5 more additions. If Sergey Lazarev from Russia seems familiar, it's because he is. He was in Sweden 2016 with the song " You Are The Only One ".

Russia

Reactions: stefanos

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
First day of contest.

Semi-final 1

Deeply hope there won't be any Country restriction issues for those that want to watch.

Last edited:

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Netherlands is a real good contribution and will be nice watch it tomorrow in the second semi-final. (y):emoji_popcorn:

Congratz to those that now made it to the grand final on Saturday.
  • Greece - Katerine Duska with Better Love
  • Belarus - ZENA with Like It
  • Serbia - Nevena Božović with Kruna
  • Cyprus - Tamta with Replay
  • Estonia - Victor Crone with Storm
  • Czech Republic - Lake Malawi with Friend Of A Friend
  • Australia - Kate Miller-Heidke with Zero Gravity
  • Iceland - Hatari with Hatrið mun sigra
  • San Marino - Serhat with Say Na Na Na
  • Slovenia - Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl with Sebi
News that the ESC concept will be exported to the USA was released yesterday. First show is planned to air 2021. American Song Contest ( ASC ).

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.