App Review ESET Internet Security 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Eset test!
Eset is a Slovakian company, very well known and leader in the security world with its product, Nod32.
The editor is especially appreciated by gamers because of its lightness.

For this 2022 edition, Eset strengthens its detection against unknown malware by integrating LiveGuard (which was reserved for Smart Security), increasing the detections.
And it works!
ESET passes the test with flying colors!
There are still some traces (1 file detected by NPE, 2 by KVRT) but nothing shocking.

Watch my review on Odysee !

RAM Usage : Light
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 21 files to 266.
Several malware do not launch (false positive?), many threats are blocked by ESET (VBS, JS, Exploit)
. A threat was launched, but closed directly, the dropper was deleted. I conclude that it was installed, but the machine shows no trace of infection.
Resistance to script attacks: Yes

Result :
NPE : 1 (Corrupt file - o.exe)
KVRT : 2

Recommand : Yes
System Clean : Yes, system protected

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
LiveGuard is a feature exclusive to ESET Smart Security Premium, it does not exist on ESET Internet Security. Or has something recently changed?

I advise you to watch the Fake crack part in my video when I test the reputation of the file, which is part of LiveGuard

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I advise you to watch the Fake crack part in my video when I test the reputation of the file, which is part of LiveGuard
That's actually LiveGrid, not LiveGuard. LiveGrid is their reputation service and LiveGuard is the cloud sandbox. The names are confusing. The fake crack file seems to be password protected, so LiveGrid is not likely to have any reputation for that file. The files were detected by signature after extraction/installation.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Good result. Surprisingly, in the latest test of the COMSS portal (July 10) , Eset Internet Security showed a very poor result, in fact, after the test, the system became completely inoperable.

I saw his video, I regularly watch this tester :) (I have to use the YouTube translation, since he speaks Russian) .

The problem with Comss is that its packs are sometimes full of false positives... on the other hand, the malware that prevents Windows from starting, I must admit that it impressed me...

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
The problem with Comss is that its packs are sometimes full of false positives... on the other hand, the malware that prevents Windows from starting, I must admit that it impressed me...
Perhaps he also has false (not malicious) programs in the archive. Although, Aleksey (this is the name of the komss tester) has been testing antiviruses for more than 10 years, so he has a lot of experience in sampling. This is his new archive, specially selected for a large test of all antiviruses. Kaspersky and Eset showed a very poor result, and the free Bitdefender did the best at the moment, although not perfect either, but 8 points out of 10 for sure.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Test Eset Smart Security Premium, it's the only product with LiveGuard
fwiw, I upgraded to ESS Premium about a week ago, the cost difference was minimal to my license. What have I noticed, nothing, but then ESET just does its thing, rarely bothers me. PS I did email tech support twice only because of questions, not issues, and ESET replied timely with good detail (like they cared and know what they're doing) PS2 there's Live Grid & a Live Guard, but I was busy doing other stuff and can't explain what's what with that.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra Which one would you recommend or which one is better in your opinion: ESET Internet Security or F-Secure Safe?

Hello :)

It depends on how you use your computer and the Internet.
If you have a healthy use, you are careful about what you download, you update your Windows and your programs, and you don't open suspicious emails, go for F-Secure.

On the other hand, if you have children, and a risky use, ESET will be better.

micasayyo

Level 3
Jan 31, 2022

If you have a healthy use, you are careful about what you download, you update your Windows and your programs, and you don't open suspicious emails, go for F-Secure.

In my case, my wife scares me more than my children (they are more prudent);)
ESET is my second love :)

AgentZero

Oct 3, 2022

Hi :) thank you for your quick answer.

I mainly use my computer for studying and university stuff. Do you know which off the two is more conservative considering ressources, CPU and RAM Management? Thx in Advance for your knowledge!

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hi :) thank you for your quick answer.

I mainly use my computer for studying and university stuff. Do you know which off the two is more conservative considering ressources, CPU and RAM Management? Thx in Advance for your knowledge!
Both but an advantage for F-Secure which is lighter in analysis :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.