Battle ESET Internet Security or Bitdefender Internet Security for a Gaming PC?

idanbental

Thread author
Aug 24, 2018
Hello.
I need help deciding what antivirus to buy. i've been using eset nod 32 for the last year and my license is over i want to upgrade to eset internet security but i heard good things about bitdefender. i really like eset because its lightweight low on resources and it works in the background. i don't know a lot about bitdefender. please help.

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 Better than ESET :
1- Highest Malware Detected
2-Webcam Protection
3-Advanced Threat Defense
4-Password Manager
5-VPN
6- Finally in Web Protection against pishing Bitdefendet is Better

ESET is poor Web protection Browsers such as firefox or Chrome Vs Bitdefender or Kaspersky .
ESET Is Better Bitdefender in performance ONLY.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Both are very good protection suites in my opinion..with a very little margin
Bitdefender has its own BB for dynamic analysis which i say is very very good..but may be heavier (many have vouched on this fact)..not me personally.. Autopilot extremely effective antiphishing and malware blocking scores
Eset is very good for lighter configuration systems, great signatures, Decent web blocking, However on default it is weak
Roboman knows to tweak him for better protection, It is HIPS though i don't like it but it is certainly better over having nothing
I chose Bit defender and Eset both depending on my configuration
ESET lacks any kind of Behaviour Analysis ..so LOCK DOWN the system if you use him..Their Banking module works:LOL:;)

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Both are very good protection suites in my opinion..with a very little margin
Bitdefender has its own BB for dynamic analysis which i say is very very good..but may be heavier (many have vouched on this fact)..not me personally.. Autopilot extremely effective antiphishing and malware blocking scores
Eset is very good for lighter configuration systems, great signatures, Decent web blocking, However on default it is weak
Roboman knows to tweak him for better protection, It is HIPS though i don't like it but it is certainly better over having nothing
I chose Bit defender and Eset both depending on my configuration
Fantastic Analysis

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
There are stronger programs on ESET in 2018 :
such as Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton , Gdata , Emsisoft.
then ESET.

I Used ESET NOD32 2.7 on windows XP 32bit in 2008.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ESET is poor Web protection Browsers such as firefox or Chrome Vs Bitdefender or Kaspersky .
ESET Is Better Bitdefender in performance ONLY.
On a Desktop Gaming Rig, I would stay with ESET NOD32 Antivirus over an Internet Security, but that's just personal preference.

OP can also up their browser security with an Adblocker (or Content Blocker) and a Web filter such as Windows Defender Browser Protection or Avira Browser Safety for Chrome.

If OP is not downloading games illegally and sticking to legit Mods, then it should be plain sailing. Stick to what you know.

Stay with ESET is my recommendation.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Here's my input, if you have a gaming rig then it means you already have a pretty powerful PC. In this case, either one will suit fine for you. ESET works best on lower end systems, however for your gaming PC, the performance impact will hardly be noticeable.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I've read your post and I understand that you want decent protection that is light on your system. To be absolutely honest with you I would just stick with using Eset. Despite what some have said here, its protection is very good. If you are considering switching from their AV to their Internet security version you do get a few more features, most notably their firewall. I wouldn't stress over the little things (ie: HIPS vs BB vs webcam protection, etc...), as both products will protect you well as long as you practice safe surfing habits (ie: don't download illegal/cracked games, etc... ). If you practice unsafe habits, no product will protect you 100%, it really is a matter of fact.

Since you are very happy with Eset I would just stick with it, unless you have had some issues with it, as others have already said just stick with what you know. Its light weight and offers very good protection. Without knowing your skill level, just to let you know that Eset has some very powerful features that can keep you well protected if setup properly. If you haven't already, there are some threads here that can help you setup Eset for more protection if that is a concern for you. Also there are very knowledgeable people here that know Eset very well, @RoboMan is one of them (hopefully he will chime in if he sees this thread) and can help you setup Eset if you feel like you need more protection. As @Spawn said, you can also add (if you haven't all ready) a AD Blocker of some sort and an additional web filter, IF and I mean IF you feel you need more. Keep in mind all the major browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) all have very good protection built in, so between that, an AD-Blocker and Eset you should be well protected. More does not mean better protection(y)

Truth be told, Eset is a very capable, powerful product on the security front and its also very light weight, perfect for a gaming system. (y)
Also, keep in mind that you don't need to stress over security, install what ever program works best for you, practice safe habits take the time to learn if you aren't sure and you should be well protected.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.