App Review ESET Internet Security vs KASPERSKY Standard

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to this little comparison!

Today we are going to compare Eset to Kaspersky. They are both very popular and very reputable antivirus products.
The interfaces of the 2 antivirus are very similar and adapted to novices and geeks thanks to their settings.
Both antivirus are excellent and made a machine totally healthy.

Web protection:

Eset and Kaspersky block all malicious links.

Fake crack :

ESET and Kaspersky block all droppers that the malicious crack install. Precision on Kaspersky which stopped the extraction directly at launch. Eset stopped them during the process.

Malware pack :

ESET leaves 11 malwares after the analysis. During the execution, ESET intercepts the attacks correctly, especially the one with PowerShell!
The installer is a false positive, I don't count it.
A program is in memory but does nothing. NPE and KVRT do not detect anything.

Kaspersky leaves 6 malwares. During execution, Kaspersky intercepts 1 VBS script. A Ransomware tries to run but Kaspersky directly blocks the execution, and prevents the Ransomware from deploying and encrypting my data!
I accept the advanced disinfection that cancels its potential actions. The analysis tools did not find anything.

Conclusions:

Both antiviruses are very efficient and have protected the system well.
ESET puts everything on the analysis and its large database. It knows how to catch malware in case of attacks but it needs a little more behavioral protection.

Kaspersky relies on behavioral protection and the cloud. It saved the machine from 2 attacks (just like Eset) with its database which is also consequent.
There are no winners or losers, it's a draw.

@anirbandutta01 request

G

Guilhermesene

Nothing could be fairer than a tie, as both software have different approaches, and the user just has to choose the one that suits him best.

If you want greater offline protection and lightweight plus excellent PUP/PUA protection go with ESET or if you want strong behavioral protection and don't mind relying heavily on an internet connection go with Kaspersky. In the end, you can't go wrong with any of them.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Hello and welcome to this little comparison!

Today we are going to compare Eset to Kaspersky. They are both very popular and very reputable antivirus products.
The interfaces of the 2 antivirus are very similar and adapted to novices and geeks thanks to their settings.
Both antivirus are excellent and made a machine totally healthy.

Web protection:

Eset and Kaspersky block all malicious links.

Fake crack :

ESET and Kaspersky block all droppers that the malicious crack install. Precision on Kaspersky which stopped the extraction directly at launch. Eset stopped them during the process.

Malware pack :

ESET leaves 11 malwares after the analysis. During the execution, ESET intercepts the attacks correctly, especially the one with PowerShell!
The installer is a false positive, I don't count it.
A program is in memory but does nothing. NPE and KVRT do not detect anything.

Kaspersky leaves 6 malwares. During execution, Kaspersky intercepts 1 VBS script. A Ransomware tries to run but Kaspersky directly blocks the execution, and prevents the Ransomware from deploying and encrypting my data!
I accept the advanced disinfection that cancels its potential actions. The analysis tools did not find anything.

Conclusions:

Both antiviruses are very efficient and have protected the system well.
ESET puts everything on the analysis and its large database. It knows how to catch malware in case of attacks but it needs a little more behavioral protection.

Kaspersky relies on behavioral protection and the cloud. It saved the machine from 2 attacks (just like Eset) with its database which is also consequent.
There are no winners or losers, it's a draw.

@anirbandutta01 request

Thank you sooooooooooo much @Shadowra ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
strange times we're living in
who could see this 3-4 years ago that in few years, with ESET you've same protection as Kaspersky

I did not see this coming.
ofcourse this is only one case and scenario but still. this was not the case at all in even one case few years ago.

Thanks for the tests as always @Shadowra

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
strange times we're living in
who could see this 3-4 years ago that in few years, with ESET you've same protection as Kaspersky

I did not see this coming.
ofcourse this is only one case and scenario but still. this was not the case at all in even one case few years ago.

Thanks for the tests as always @Shadowra

Strange? ESET was always a top tier solution, with a much better real world protection than that is/was showed in AV testing in both amateur and PRO scenarios.

@Shadowra Thanks again for testing, it is always a pleasure to see your work.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.