App Review ESET Internet Security vs KASPERSKY Standard

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
Excellent video @Shadowra. ESET all the way of you want the best signatures and Kaspersky all the way if you want a great behaviour blocker. On my PC ESET feels a bit lighter than Kaspersky but every PC is different. If you want a good BB alongside ESET then Kaspersky Anti Ransomware tool is the best supplement for ESET. I've been using them both without any problems.

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
Wisevector > F-secure
WV is better than most AVs. I personally use it alone
Does WV register in the security centre and disable WD? I would also like to use WV as a standalone on my work laptop since it's extremely light while providing good protection but I'm not sure if it protects against the old viruses that spread through the USB drives (like the sality virus).

zkSnark

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
Excellent video @Shadowra. ESET all the way of you want the best signatures and Kaspersky all the way if you want a great behaviour blocker. On my PC ESET feels a bit lighter than Kaspersky but every PC is different. If you want a good BB alongside ESET then Kaspersky Anti Ransomware tool is the best supplement for ESET. I've been using them both without any problems.
But I guess using both ESET and Kaspersky Anti Ransomware tool won't be lighter. So why not Kaspersky internet security only, instead of them two?

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
But I guess using both ESET and Kaspersky Anti Ransomware tool won't be lighter. So why not Kaspersky internet security only, instead of them two?
On my PC this combo is lighter. KART only has the BB component and KSN and scans files only on execution. It can block threats but can't remove them. I use it just for the rollback capabilities of the BB although I haven't seen any malware get past ESET till now. TBH KART is not needed with ESET but I keep it just for the peace of mind.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
On my PC this combo is lighter. KART only has the BB component and KSN and scans files only on execution. It can block threats but can't remove them. I use it just for the rollback capabilities of the BB although I haven't seen any malware get past ESET till now. TBH KART is not needed with ESET but I keep it just for the peace of mind.
I'm also using ESET as my primary AV solution but I also want to try Kaspersky...

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I was expecting ESET to be trounced by the big K - So well done ESET - On a personal basis I find the latest Kaspersky (Standard is the one I tried) to be way to busy for me, it seems to spend much of it's time making reports, I prefer more simple (Ike myself) :):)

Stargazer_Steve

Level 1
Dec 2, 2022
Cost of programs, hard to find deals on ESET, while Kaspersky, they are easy to find. More for the money?
Same issue here. ESET was always my go to, but their prices are way too high in my opinion, so I will be going with Kaspersky on renewal day.

I feel that if ESET lowered their prices or had more big discount deals , they'd get a lot more general public traffic and overall sales, resulting in more exposure and revenue? I just checked, their Christmas deal is still on 30% discount, but it's still £31.50 for 1 device with the discount included :oops:

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
One of the reasons I'm not using ESET right now. I can buy a Kaspersky license for the same number of machines and license time for a fraction of ESET's price in my country.
I'm currently using ESET but in India, their support is very poor & their products are not value for money but Kaspersky support in India is very good (regional language calling support, 24*7 chat & call support (English), My Kaspersky portal etc. ) also Kaspersky products are value for money. For good AV solution I'm using ESET & now I'm planning to try Kaspersky... ( I hope no privacy related issue )

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I'm currently using ESET but in India, their support is very poor & their products are not value for money but Kaspersky support in India is very good (regional language calling support, 24*7 chat & call support (English), My Kaspersky portal etc. ) also Kaspersky products are value for money. For good AV solution I'm using ESET & now I'm planning to try Kaspersky... ( I hope no privacy related issue )
Never had any privacy problem using Kaspersky. Never saw a single complaint anywhere except for the contractor that was developing malware for the US government and then complained Kaspersky detected the malicious behavior and uploaded it for analysis :) Anyway as any security solution, make use of its trial period. Use your computer normally, check if it's blocking anything in your local network, wireless printers, for instance. Some security solutions love blocking them :)

If it doesn't work well for you there are many other good options out there. Just forget about the fantasy of "best solution" That doesn't exist. They all cause some problems.

Last edited:

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
But I guess using both ESET and Kaspersky Anti Ransomware tool won't be lighter. So why not Kaspersky internet security only, instead of them two

Greetings from Kolkata India. Did you buy ESET directly from their website? In Amazon Kaspersky and ESET sell for roughly the same price (around 500 rupees). I can't comment on their support since I've never needed to use it. If you're concerned about privacy don't worry with either of them and the same goes for protection if you're a normal home user. I chose ESET because on my PC it feels lighter and my programs and games launch faster with ESET installed than with Kaspersky but ever PC is different. You can always trial Kaspersky for 30 days before purchasing (sometimes Kaspersky gives out 90 days keys for their softwares).

czesetfan

Level 3
Dec 3, 2021
Same issue here. ESET was always my go to, but their prices are way too high in my opinion, so I will be going with Kaspersky on renewal day.

I feel that if ESET lowered their prices or had more big discount deals , they'd get a lot more general public traffic and overall sales, resulting in more exposure and revenue? I just checked, their Christmas deal is still on 30% discount, but it's still £31.50 for 1 device with the discount included :oops:

At least for now in Europe, ESET is launching a new price list with EU-wide price unification.
🛒💰 https://malwaretips.com/threads/eset-version-16-0-0.115416/post-1015071 ✅

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
In my experience, Eset cloud protection does kick in ver fast when any of devices where Eset is installed gets compromised. Unless you fall a victim for a true zero-hour malware, you are good to go with Eset.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Does WV register in the security centre and disable WD? I would also like to use WV as a standalone on my work laptop since it's extremely light while providing good protection but I'm not sure if it protects against the old viruses that spread through the USB drives (like the sality virus).
You could easily disable autorun and scan usb drives using EEK?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.