App Review ESET Internet Security vs KASPERSKY Standard

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
Eset is more expensive. Kaspersky, Bitdefender and Avast have great deals, but not for Eset.
Don't think I've ever seen a good deal on Eset, I do like Eset but don't currently use it since can't justify the cost over other vendor like Bitdefender or Kaspersky which are considerably more cost effective if you need it for multiple devices.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Don't think I've ever seen a good deal on Eset, I do like Eset but don't currently use it since can't justify the cost over other vendor like Bitdefender or Kaspersky which are considerably more cost effective if you need it for multiple devices.
Yes that is why I do not use it either. Anyway, my ISP is currently offering Eset for $20/device.
For the exact price I can get AVG Ultimate for 10 devices 2 years.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Excellent video @Shadowra. ESET all the way of you want the best signatures and Kaspersky all the way if you want a great behaviour blocker. On my PC ESET feels a bit lighter than Kaspersky but every PC is different. If you want a good BB alongside ESET then Kaspersky Anti Ransomware tool is the best supplement for ESET. I've been using them both without any problems.
fwiw, I just downloaded KART, not installed yet. Running ESET on this win10 21H2. I know @cruelsister tested appcheck, has @cruelsister or @Shadowra tested KART??

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Does WV register in the security centre and disable WD? I would also like to use WV as a standalone on my work laptop since it's extremely light while providing good protection but I'm not sure if it protects against the old viruses that spread through the USB drives (like the sality virus).
no it does not. I disabled WD and security center so it's not a big deal to me

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

you have a shorter memory than me lol
for sure I have a shorter memory than you; however, I did recall @cruelsister's recent video re AppCheck, and I ran AppCheck for a while, but wanted to try KART, and last video I saw (or found) about KART was circa 2016. I did install KART yesterday, too soon to comment about it other than install went ok, not seeing any issues so far.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Greetings from Kolkata India. Did you buy ESET directly from their website? In Amazon Kaspersky and ESET sell for roughly the same price (around 500 rupees). I can't comment on their support since I've never needed to use it. If you're concerned about privacy don't worry with either of them and the same goes for protection if you're a normal home user. I chose ESET because on my PC it feels lighter and my programs and games launch faster with ESET installed than with Kaspersky but ever PC is different. You can always trial Kaspersky for 30 days before purchasing (sometimes Kaspersky gives out 90 days keys for their softwares).
Hello, in Amazon ESET price around RS 500 but I wonder if it is genuine key & if I buy it from Amazon now, can I activated later ( 15 days or 1 month ). I'm currently using ESET Internet Security trial, I like it very much & ESET was my FIRST security solution ( in the year of 2010 ).

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I only once got a 90 days license for ESET (well it was NOD32), when I bought a WindowsXP pro 64 bits version for full retail price on my new 64 bits AMD desktop. ESET was one of the first (or the first I don't remember anymore) which had a 64 bits version.

The lack of security software on XP 64 bits was the reason I started learning about Software Restriction Policies.

ESET has a strong and loyal user base, so it must be a small but excellent product. Does one of the ESET fans know wheter ESET indeed released the first 64 bits version on XP?

Last edited by a moderator:

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
Hello, in Amazon ESET price around RS 500 but I wonder if it is genuine key & if I buy it from Amazon now, can I activated later ( 15 days or 1 month ). I'm currently using ESET Internet Security trial, I like it very much & ESET was my FIRST security solution ( in the year of 2010 ).
Yeah it's genuine.... I myself have been using eset from amazon only. Once I ordered two times by mistake and when I entered the second serial after using the first one for a year, it still worked and I got another year. But I may be lucky. 1 month shouldn't be a problem imho.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Yeah it's genuine.... I myself have been using eset from amazon only. Once I ordered two times by mistake and when I entered the second serial after using the first one for a year, it still worked and I got another year. But I may be lucky. 1 month shouldn't be a problem imho.
Okay thanks. You are using KART along with ESET. I think FREE KART scanning speed is slow & want to know how KART will protect my system? (KSN & Behavior Blocker?) Can I run it alongside ESET ? My computer configuration -

8 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD (installed Windows 10 Pro X64 22H2 on SSD) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.09 GHz

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
Okay thanks. You are using KART along with ESET. I think FREE KART scanning speed is slow & want to know how KART will protect my system? (KSN & Behavior Blocker?) Can I run it alongside ESET ? My computer configuration -

8 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD (installed Windows 10 Pro X64 22H2 on SSD) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.09 GHz
I wouldn't advice you to use KART. Instead try to reduce your attack surface. Disable scripts using SysHardener, use an adblocker to block the ads and use a backup software to keep a system image in case of any emergency. ESET alone is sufficient. I reinstalled Windows on the family PC a couple days back and put only ESET on it. I didn't install KART anymore.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016

This times 1,000,000. ESET is very expensive and unlike Kaspersky or BD they want to lock you into regional pricing and limit license activations. Before I've had a cheap Smart Security/Internet Security license from eBay and it was good for one activation only then they cancelled the license, no more installs and the license were no longer valid. No other AV company acts this way, it's really disappointing because it's such a good product even Kaspersky lets you activate a cheap Total Security license bought from anywhere and it even upgrades you to the latest version of it's software.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Ever have problem uninstalling Eset?l last I remember you can only do this in safe mode, this is another reason I like Kaspersky very easy uninstall or reinstall
Older versions would render some of my computers unable to link to any network, which could easily be repaired if you read the warnings and instructions before doing it. The last one I tested, version 14, If I'm not mistaken did a better job when uninstalling.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.