Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebsat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Hello MT members! I'd greatly appreciate it If anybody would like to help me here, I'm in the situation where I love both Comodo Firewall and ESET Internet Security in terms of protection & customization. Now, I'm thinking about creating a combo between both of them on my system like the following:

Comodo Firewall configuration (based on cruelsister's settings here + Evjl's Rain's tweaks here and here)
//All Enabled except (HIPS and Web Filtering)
HIPS: Disabled based on cruelsister's settings from above.
Web Filtering: Disabled based on Evjl's Rain's tweaks here.

What I need:

Allowing the CFW to do it's job to achieve the maximum security by sandboxing any active malware including Ransomware via the Auto-Containment.

ESET Internet Security configuration (based on viktik's settings here)
//All Enabled except (Firewall)
Firewall: Disabled.
HIPS: Enabled in Smart mode based on davisd's recommendation here.
Antispam: Enabled.

What I need:
Allowing ESET IS to do it's job to achieve the maximum security by taking fully advantage from Internet Security modules like Antispam and Botnet Protection.

Question for All:
Do you think that this combo with above settings would work properly without any protection break? Will they conflict in any way?

Questions for @Evjl's Rain:
1. Could you please let me know how do I whitelist Comodo Firewall folders in ESET IS settings?
2. Do you think that ESET IS in default settings is blocking Comodo Firewall Sandbox from working? if so then which settings/virtualization settings should I disable it to avoid conflict with Comodo Firewall Sandbox? Note: I still remember that you disabled hardware-assisted virtualization in Avast to avoid conflict with Comodo Firewall Sandbox here

Big thanks to the following respected members who served our beloved MT forums by providing us with a useful tutorial, configuration and recommendation...
@cruelsister @Evjl's Rain @viktik @davisd @_CyberGhosT_ (y):)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.