http://noob.hu/2012/05/16/ESET_v6_BETA.png

I3rYcE

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
This website will available on this day.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The link did work before, they must have accidentally published it, but the download button didn't work (for me).

See Post #3 by LiLWaYnE for a screenshot of the webpage.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For some reason on the third link page it doesn't load successfully not sure if its only me.

I've just viewed the information through cache only.

I3rYcE

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
Site works :)

http://www.eset.com/beta/v6/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ESET keep improving the GUI, perfecting perfection. Glad its back up today. :D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Just my luck :rolleyes:

LpFvf.png

I3rYcE

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
:)

I'm installed for xp. Choose beta user ,when your active to program.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Reverted to a fresh machine, re-downloaded and re-installed. No luck. :dodgy:

P

Plexx

Ok I grabbed the Smart Security and here are my observation. (Please move to a new post if need be and apologies if posted in the wrong thread)

In comparison with Version 5, 3 issues are exactly the same (minor negative, positive and negative, it this order):

*Gaming mode enabled, icon becomes yellow/orange but moment you go into a full screen application for a bit and alt tab out, for some odd reason gaming mode gets disabled. Tested this on 2 games (Eligium and Aion), as well as simply viewing a full screen video from youtube.

*HIPS: There is an improvement on the HIPS rules compared to version 5 which had none, but still by default its in automatic mode. For users who know and will always tweak something, it is fine, but if ESET wishes to target other users that are not computer experts and provide a suite to install and forget, then they could at least change the HIPS default setting to Learning mode (thats my suggestion).

*Ram usage: around the same 82mb to 84mb on my system. However, while doing scans, did not notice any decrease in performance nor CPU was high. I did a quick compare to Avast and KAV on the same type of image with same type of folder and Avast did show a slight slow down while scan was active compared to ESET. KAV is not even worth mentioning.

Test on 2 images between SS5 and SS6:

Web access and antiphishing protection: The same. Good: blocked 16 out of 18 links.

On demand scan: Both detected the same files, however scan time was faster by a few minutes on version 6.

Both SS versions tests were done with 2 options: 1st option was the general install mode where PUP is enabled. 2nd run was with a clean install with default settings as well but with PUP disabled.

Slightly more files detected with PUP enabled. About 10%.

Those are my observations. Hope it helps anyone.

P

Plexx

On the topic of ESET v6, two of the implementations is:

Ability to scan your PC in the background, whenever it detects your system is idle (Idle-state Scanning) and Scan while Downloading Files.

Now while I fully support improvements and "innovations" (used in speech marks because Idle scanning is not really new in the AV market), I am not so sure about the 2 features above, specially Idle-State Scanning.

Any comments and opinions on the above?

I3rYcE

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
ESET 6 release date : 15.01.2013

http://www.computerguard.de/gehe-zu-seite-10-vf566-vt7752.html?start=135

htp2005

Verified
Nov 21, 2012
The link did work before, they must have accidentally published it, but the download button didn't work (for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.