ESET Online Scanner Review

How would you rate ESET Online Scanner ?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • 4 Stars (Very good)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • 3 Stars (Good)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • 2 Stars (Fair)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 1 Star (Poor)

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have never tried this product.

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
Product name
ESET Online Scanner for Windows
Pros
  • Completely free to download and use.
    Unlimited usage
    No registration or limitations without an ESET Account
    Free threat removal
    Optional to report only
    Choose what and where to scan
CONS
Cannot be used as a right-click file/folder scanner
Requires a permanent Internet connection before scanning
BOTTOM LINE
ESET Online Scanner is a great piece of software that can be used by Home users and Malware Removal Experts. It can scan and remove threats without catches, and therefore it's fit for purpose. Real-time protection is not intended for this tool, therefore Protection score is N/A.
Users can purchase an ESET license if they want to use a proper Antivirus software with real-time protection.
Usability
5 / 5
User Interface
5 / 5
CPU/RAM/Storage
Fair Usage

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
zlloyd1 said:
I am using the free ESET Online Scanner, trying to locate a rootkit virus on my computer, and the thing has been running for over 7 hours!! :mad:
What is worse is that for the last 3 hours it has said that it was 99% done, but WON"T FINISH??
What in the world is this thing doing that takes THIS LONG???? :huh:

It may be stuck, try a different tool as Littlebits suggested. If you are still having trouble, post a thread in our Malware Removal Assistance forum and we will help you out :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.