ESET
Kaspersky

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
You'll have equivalent protection with all 3. I would recommend running them using their full trial periods and then choosing. All of them have their problems and they may not be obvious with just a few days use. Install and use your computer normally, forget testing hundreds of malware at once. It not only is unrealistic but does not reflect the true capabilities of any software.

After the trial periods are over get the one that caused the least trouble and has the better price.

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
Bitdefender is better zeroday - scripts but not light and not good vs pup. Automatic software. No depending for signarures.
Kaspersky is good but not better in desinfections, im not like advanced desinfection while the system is in use. And not good vs scripts and pup. Balanced in signatutes.
Eset have good signatures, good vs pup but poor vs zeroday. Light. All modules depending for signatures.
Greetings.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Bitdefender is better zeroday - scripts but not light and not good vs pup. Automatic software. No depending for signarures.
Kaspersky is good but not better in desinfections, im not like advanced desinfection while the system is in use. And not good vs scripts and pup. Balanced in signatutes.
Eset have good signatures, good vs pup but poor vs zeroday. Light. All modules depending for signatures.
Greetings.
Kaspersky is very good at detecting script malware, imo. I have observed lot of script malware samples with low detection rates (<10%) on VT are detected by Kaspersky using Heuristic technology.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Greetings.
Yes but since I've only 4GB RAM, I think Bitdefender would case slowdown ... ( 4GB DDR3 RAM, Core i3 2nd Gen processor, 128 GB SSD , Windows 11 Pro X64 )

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Is it lightweight on my system ??
That depends on your location, PC specifications and other factors.

Some people find Kaspersky tends to slow down the loading of webpages due to HTTPS scanning, while other ppl feel Kaspersky runs smoothly and won’t affect their web browsing experience.

Just install the trial version and try it.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Yes but since I've only 4GB RAM, I think Bitdefender would case slowdown ... ( 4GB DDR3 RAM, Core i3 2nd Gen processor, 128 GB SSD , Windows 11 Pro X64 )

With 4GB of ram and a relatively very old processor, forget Bitdefender, you will suffer.

Kaspersky, will be likely to be very complicated given the processor ....

Eset should run without difficulty. Otherwise there are solutions such as Avast or other relatively light applications.....

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
That depends on your location, PC specifications and other factors.

Some people find Kaspersky tends to slow down the loading of webpages due to HTTPS scanning, while other ppl feel Kaspersky runs smoothly and won’t affect their web browsing experience.

Just install the trial version and try it.
Okay I'll try

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
With 4GB of ram and a relatively very old processor, forget Bitdefender, you will suffer.

Kaspersky, will be likely to be very complicated given the processor ....

Eset should run without difficulty. Otherwise there are solutions such as Avast or other relatively light applications.....
Okay...

Reactions: Nevi and Shadowra

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I use Bitdefender on a second generation i3 with 4gb of RAM (my father in law's computer he doesn't want to upgrade :) ) with no problems. The only way to know is testing it.

The impact of any security software on system performance really depends on a lot of things, from whatever else you have running to driver versions installed. That's why we get the never-ending discussions of product x slows down computers/no it doesn't in forums. It's quite relative to what you are running.

Of course, it's much easier to test it on a few personal computers than a few hundred computers in a corporative environment, so, make use of those trial periods :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.