Bitdefender
ESET
Kaspersky

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I use Bitdefender on a second generation i3 with 4gb of RAM (my father in law's computer he doesn't want to upgrade :) ) with no problems. The only way to know is testing it.

The impact of any security software on system performance really depends on a lot of things, from whatever else you have running to driver versions installed. That's why we get the never-ending discussions of product x slows down computers/no it doesn't in forums. It's quite relative to what you are running.

Of course, it's much easier to test it on a few personal computers than a few hundred computers in a corporative environment, so, make use of those trial periods :)
Okay I'll try Bitdefender Antivirus on my PC then post experience of usage

Reactions: mlnevese

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
In terms of protection against malware, there is not much difference between them both, with Kaspersky getting a slight edge in the second Real-Time Protection test, so Kaspersky is the winner here. Both products have proven that they are very effective security solutions.
Kaspersky excels with its easy to use interface and automation features, while Bitdefender gets the edge on overall detection rates and laboratory test results, but with a slightly more difficult learning curve.
Okay but if Bitdefender cause slowdown??

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Bitdefender comes configured to almost maximum protection from the moment you install. Actually if you don't feel unsafe just because the firewall is on automatic, you can say it is in maximum protection. Kaspersky and ESET require some tweaking to achieve maximum protection.

To be frank their default configs are enough for a normal user in all 3 cases. Power users will probably prefer the configurability of Kaspersky/ESET, although some just want something to install and forget as well.

Last edited:

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Bitdefender comes configured to almost maximum protection from the moment you install. Actually if you don't feel unsafe just because the firewall is on automatic, you can say it is in maximum protection. Kaspersky and ESET require some tweaking to achieve maximum protection.

To be frank their default configs are enough for a normal user in all 3 cases. Power users will probably prefer the configurability of Kaspersky/ESET, although some just want something to install and forget as well.
Okay

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.