ESET partners with Intel to enhance endpoint security with hardware-based ransomware detection

Minimalist

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
Recognizing the complex and evolving nature of ransomware, an ever more formidable threat to customers’ work and personal lives, ESET will enhance its software-based detection technologies with a ransomware detection only Intel hardware can deliver. With progress in technological innovations often bringing new tools for the sustained growth and security of SMBs, the integration of Intel TDT means that ESET endpoint security software running on Intel-based PCs can deliver superior ransomware protection.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Recognizing the complex and evolving nature of ransomware, an ever more formidable threat to customers’ work and personal lives, ESET will enhance its software-based detection technologies with a ransomware detection only Intel hardware can deliver. With progress in technological innovations often bringing new tools for the sustained growth and security of SMBs, the integration of Intel TDT means that ESET endpoint security software running on Intel-based PCs can deliver superior ransomware protection.

Makes me wish I stuck with Intel.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Home users will also benefit from it, if this feature improves ransomware detection (through quicker definitions update and cloud protection).
Still, I hope that they'll implement it in home user products also.
That is indirect benefit.

If this technology can be implemented in home products in the future, just like LiveGuard, it is very likely that ESET Smart Security Premium will be the only one to benefit from it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.