Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Hey Victor M,I just found out that ESET Protect (Endpoint version) does NOT have LiveGuard, but ESET Premium does.
My hypothesis is that Protect ( Endpoint business ) is the slow but sure edition, whereas Premium is the Latest Greatest edition.
It is only in Eset Proect Advanced and higher editions.I just found out that ESET Protect (Endpoint version) does NOT have LiveGuard, but ESET Premium does.
My hypothesis is that Protect ( Endpoint business ) is the slow but sure edition, whereas Premium is the Latest Greatest edition.
Yes it does. So, now I understand why it is a separate addition.Is Live Guard using sample submission? Many companies are very strict about data loss prevention and don't want industrial secrets to leak.
Turns out I do have Protect Advanced. I just enabled the feature,, it has to be separately done using the web console.It is only in Eset Proect Advanced and higher editions.
I sorta like Eset because it has HIPS rules. Thats because I don't trust automated detection too much.( see your CT inbox )Why don’t you try Check Point Harmony?
That has emulation too.
And Harmony has Application Control.I sorta like Eset because it has HIPS rules. Thats because I don't trust automated detection too much.( see your CT inbox )
This is an IPS matter. You can have a look at enabling SNORT/Suricata on a router level.I hope to find something that can detect metasploit hosted C2's.
ESET has application control too. I saw it in my SIEM.
I hope to find something that can detect metasploit hosted C2's.
ESET has application control too. I saw it in my SIEM.
Against Cobalt Strike, most network protections are reactive/ephemeral.It's 2025 and your still worried about metasploit? Why? I would focus on Cobalt Strike if your going to focus on anything to do with attack frameworks.
Yes, I do have suricata on my Netgate.Let's be real, when it comes to hitting your security targets, Suricata is simply money.
You will not be needing Suricata as from my understanding you have blocked the execution of various LOLBins and if my recommendations were followed, others are blocked from connecting.Yes, I do have suricata on my Netgate.
Ultimately, it comes down to the layer of protection you need right now. Are you focused on stopping the files, or the network activity? The smartest approach, of course, is a defense-in-depth strategy where you combine both.Yes, I do have suricata on my Netgate.
Yeah I had to enable it via the web console too but you're supposed to have regular live guard if y didn't enable or license live guard advancedTurns out I do have Protect Advanced. I just enabled the feature,, it has to be separately done using the web console.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes