Not open for further replies.

Mateotis

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago I've noticed that my internet connection has slowed down tremendously and it seems to be "switching" between being speedy and being slow.

I've tried TONS of tools (Process Hacker, Comodo KillSwitch & Autoruns, Resource Monitor, Task Manager, netstat, services.msc, etc.) After looking into this recently solved thread, I feel like ESET may have something to do with the slowdown.

Any ideas?

Reactions: nissimezra

CapeBuffalo

Level 2
Verified
May 12, 2014
Maybe the firewall portion of eset is slowing it down?
non native firewalls are known to slow the internet

Mateotis

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Maybe the firewall portion of eset is slowing it down?
non native firewalls are known to slow the internet

I have NOD 32 not ESS, it doesn't have a firewall, I'm using the default Windows Firewall.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago I've noticed that my internet connection has slowed down tremendously and it seems to be "switching" between being speedy and being slow.

I've tried TONS of tools (Process Hacker, Comodo KillSwitch & Autoruns, Resource Monitor, Task Manager, netstat, services.msc, etc.) After looking into this recently solved thread, I feel like ESET may have something to do with the slowdown.

Any ideas?
did you see how many programs he is using?
MBAM does slow down but not that much
as for eset, I tried smart security and it killed my pc, i install only the AV, sofar no prob
did you test your internet speed
http://www.speedtest.net/

which DNS are you using?

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
I know this is an old/dead thread, but even the Nod32 AV only version of ESET has the following:
Web Access protection which monitors traffic on port 80, 8080, & 3128.
There is a threatsense engine parameter for web control as well, and turning a few of these settings off should bring your web browsing speed back into the light of day. :)
Don't forget you can exclude domains, and ips, should you come accross a site with lots of images, videos, or downloads.
This is inside the Nod32 version.

Thanks ;)

Reactions: Mateotis
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.