App Review ESET Smart Premium vs Malwarebytes Premium with latest nasties.

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
J ITech Solutions

nickstar1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Malwarebytes may have not done the "best" but it's a program that is showing improvement and even in the video showed how effective it's web blocking is with browser guard and Malwarebytes premium. The tester even took note of its effectiveness.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It was very hard to tell if this user / "tester" was using ESET & MBAM correctly. As others have pointed out, running 3000+ malware at once is unrealistic. But also the av were giving him popups to make a selection unclear what tester was doing with those. I currently run ESET Premium, and I've had its LiveGuard feature pause and upload suspected malware to its cloud for analysis, and within a few minutes it comes back with its result. It seemed obvious that this tester was not keeping up with popups, and it was unclear if he was making proper selections. To me, it looked like the tester "broke" the computer, not the malware. :unsure: He was clueless as to which sample(s) caused infection. What he might have done, run the 3000 malware if that's his inclination. Take his time and figure out which sample(s) went undetected, if any, and then video a test with those undetected sample(s) to show what and perhaps how the samples went undetected. (my 2 cents)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.