ESET Smart Scan hanging

Maxxx58

Level 13
Hi everyone,
This is the first time I use ESET Smart Security 8. i use default settings on my ESET but when I use Smart Scan, it hanging for several hours. i don't know why. I try uninstall and reinstall it but can't solve. I notice that if I turn off my network before use Smart Scan, it not hanging. This is screenshot when my Eset's Smart Scan hanging

Can someone help me?

Maxxx58

Level 13
You may need to remove some previously installed ESET drivers.

Here is the similar issue reported by users. https://forum.eset.com/topic/4129-install-on-win-81/
You may need to manually remove the driver stated by the user, brihy1, at that forum.
Thank you for your reply, I just reinstall Windows. Eset gives me so many problems! Before, my Eset can't start. It says "Error communicating with Kernel", and I must restart Windows to solve.Example photo for my problems

yongsua

Thank you for your reply, I just reinstall Windows. Eset gives me so many problems! Before, my Eset can't start. It says "Error communicating with Kernel", and I must restart Windows to solve.Example photo for my problems
Not to the extent that you had to reinstall Windows as long as you didn't have any issue with installing other drivers. Has your problem been solved?

Forgot your password?