Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi everyone,
This is the first time I use ESET Smart Security 8. i use default settings on my ESET but when I use Smart Scan, it hanging for several hours. i don't know why. I try uninstall and reinstall it but can't solve. I notice that if I turn off my network before use Smart Scan, it not hanging. This is screenshot when my Eset's Smart Scan hanging
p0Ib26w.png

Can someone help me?

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
You may need to remove some previously installed ESET drivers.

Here is the similar issue reported by users. https://forum.eset.com/topic/4129-install-on-win-81/
You may need to manually remove the driver stated by the user, brihy1, at that forum.
Thank you for your reply, I just reinstall Windows. Eset gives me so many problems! Before, my Eset can't start. It says "Error communicating with Kernel", and I must restart Windows to solve.Example photo for my problems
hqdefault.jpg

yongsua

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
Thank you for your reply, I just reinstall Windows. Eset gives me so many problems! Before, my Eset can't start. It says "Error communicating with Kernel", and I must restart Windows to solve.Example photo for my problems
hqdefault.jpg

Not to the extent that you had to reinstall Windows as long as you didn't have any issue with installing other drivers. Has your problem been solved?

Reactions: echo1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.