Eset Smart Security and 360 Internet Security. Can they work together ?

Eset Smart Security and 360 Internet Security. Can they work together ?

• yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • no

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Can I run 360 alongside Eset Smart Security if I exclude the the files in program files so it won't scan each other?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
u mean internet security or total security? you can run them together but it is not recomended. If u want to run them together,use only the clound engine in qihoo is/ts and disbable bitdefender/avira for realtime. qihoo with only cloud enable is compatible with other avs.

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
u mean internet security or total security? you can run them together but it is not recomended. If u want to run them together,use only the clound engine in qihoo is/ts and disbable bitdefender/avira for realtime. qihoo with only cloud enable is compatible with other avs.
ok thanks

what one can I get total security or internet security

Last edited by a moderator:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Interesting why people think it's "safer" to run 2 antivirus software's in real-time. I'd say expect 0.5% better detection, 10% more FPs, 50% higher resource usage and if you are unlucky a lovely BSOD.

ugMDP4F.png

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can, but I do not recommend it.
Eset Smart Security is able to hold it's own ground, just like most security products. Unless the person behind the screen is...

H

hjlbx

ESET + MBAM Free, EEK (free) or ZAM Paid

It's likely that if you combine 360 and ESET it will cause issues eventually.

ESET specifically states not to run another antivirus alongside their product. In fact, the ESS 8 installer prompts the user remove all traces of any existing or prior AV.

I know from first-hand experience ESET does not get along well with other AV ... even Emsisoft Anti-Malware which is optimized to run along side an AV if the user so wishes. However, there is no need from a security perspective.

Just choose one or the other.

Either will be all right...

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Can I run 360 alongside Eset Smart Security if I exclude the the files in program files so it won't scan each other?
Why would you even want to run two security suites at the same time? More CPU usage, More RAM usage, More and more chances for something to go wrong....
Instead of installing 2 security suites, I would rather tweak ESET Smart Security HIPS for better protection: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2908

To answer your question: NO... and you should never run two security suites at the same time...

xinjing545853507

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2014
I think it is not necessary to install two, but I still install two antivirus up. Trend Micro + Qihoo 360 is very harmonious one run on my computer:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It just make everything complicated, sometimes you need to trust on an AV protection and avoid going any pesky websites or executing unknown programs to avoid untoward situation.

Qihoo 360 multi engine is really a good for you and adding another protection layer will just make it overkill.

:)

Reactions: Ink

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Eset are sufficient to completely do not need any other security for what CPU-intensive:mad::eek:

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.