Advice Request Eset Smart Security disconnects VPN upon running speed test/file download

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
This guy talked very well about how good is ESET Nod32. But only Nod32:
hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXT17bQ2W2Q

I think I can agree with him, and from now on get only AV, not full security suite.
I've considered using AV instead of IS also and switched between both many times.
Only additional protection I want from IS is it's network protection. Since I don't use network sharing and I set my connection as public I doubt that there is much benefit from using IS instead of AV anyway.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I've considered using AV instead of IS also and switched between both many times.
Only additional protection I want from IS is it's network protection. Since I don't use network sharing and I set my connection as public I doubt that there is much benefit from using IS instead of AV anyway.
Thanks a lot.

Could switching to Win10 fix this?

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I could find out that it was the DriverEasy software, that I used after clean installation of Windows caused the problem.
Maybe it did download excess drivers and unnecessary ones. Also, for now, again I installed BitDefender Total Security, and have no issues.

I did clean install of Windows two times and tested few times, and thus finally could determine it was DriverEasy making the problem.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Maybe it did download excess drivers and unnecessary ones. Also, for now, again I installed BitDefender Total Security, and have no issues.
While Driver Easy does its best to find the correct drivers, some drivers can cause problems. It's a good idea to not update all drivers. Just install drivers for devices which have no driver installed, or only have a generic Microsoft driver installed. Other than that, only install a driver update if you are having a problem with a device, or if your PC manufacturer provides a more recent driver. The one exception to this is video drivers, which can be worthwhile updating as newer versions may increase video performance.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@roger_m When DriverEasy listed all the items needed to be updated, then I thought it's better to update.
"Just install drivers for devices which have no driver installed" How to determine that?

For video drivers, as you mentioned, I always check TweakHound where he posts updates on Nvidia Geforce Game Ready Drivers.

I heard once that the best way to have no problem with any driver, is that to get a new PC/hardware.
Is that correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: micasayyo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.