App Review ESET Smart Security Premium 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello all! :)
Today we are going to test the ESET 2022 version.
ESET is a company based in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Very popular with gamers because it is very light, ESET has relied on the Cloud Reputation for its version 2022.

In terms of protection, ESET is formidable!
It makes a VM all clean!
On the other hand, some things that surprise me.
The reputation system, why only ESET Smart Security has it and not the others?
Besides, I didn't find it very efficient... but it's the beginning...

It's already a good thing that ESET integrates this module, but its operation is strange.I think the best would have been a Sandboxing system like Avast, or like Kaspersky's, allowing the launch and then monitoring the behavior to prevent infection...
Here, ESET just proposes to scan by doing a right click, I admit that the operation is very strange, especially since a novice will never see this function!

Apart from that, ESET is a very efficient and light antivirus!

RAM Usage : Light
Phishing Test : 4/4 (1 missed)
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected by databse, Unknow in ESET LiveGuard)
Malware Pack : Remaining 778 files to 6670 malwares
Result :
- ESET : 0
- Hitman Pro : 0
- NPE : 2

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Thanks for testing, it is much appreciated.

Just some observations, all ESET products have reputation cloud based protection and that is some thing that has been present for years (LiveGrind), what is new is the LiveGuard module, it is somewhat a cloud detonation sandbox for new and/or untrusted files.

ESET does behavior blocking like Kaspersky too, albeit it is not so much capable, ESET "pure" behavior blocker is not that mature, but combined with all modules and best-in-class signatures and heuristics it is more than enough.

Personally I would classify Bitdefender, ESET and Kaspersky as the top 3 mainstream paid solutions and Emsisoft, F-Secure and G-Data as the top 3 paid niche solutions, I would easily use and recommend any of those.

Last edited:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Thanks for testing, it is much appreciated.

Just some observations, all ESET products has reputation cloud based protection and that is some thing that has been present for years (LiveGrind), what is new is the LiveGuard module, it is somewhat a cloud detonation sandbox for new and/or untrusted files.

ESET does behavior blocking like Kaspersky too, albeit it is not so much capable, ESET "pure" behavior blocker is not that mature, but combined with all modules and best-in-class signatures and heuristics it is more than enough.

Personally I would classify Bitdefender, ESET and Kaspersky as the top 3 mainstream paid solutions and Emsisoft, F-Secure and G-Data as the top 3 paid niche solutions, I would easily use and recommend any of those.
I personally use Kaspersky endpoint protection since I get expert analysis after a day or two
Last time I used it it was like 6 hours or something basically impressive anyway it has extended ksn and AI analysis as well both help a lot too making great protection with very low false positives not a consumer product but it’s just so powerful !
hmm to say the truth I just reset the trial every few weeks with a script haven’t purchased the product
and no I’m not allowed to share the script if anyone asks me since it’s gray /piracy

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I personally use Kaspersky endpoint protection since I get expert analysis after a day or two
Last time I used it it was like 6 hours or something basically impressive anyway it has extended ksn and AI analysis as well both help a lot too making great protection with very low false positives

When I wrote "albeit it is not so much capable" this was about ESET's Deep Behavioral Inspection (released in 2019), Kaspersky is best-in-class in all metrics.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
When I wrote "albeit it is not so much capable" this was about ESET's Deep Behavioral Inspection (released in 2019), Kaspersky is best-in-class in all metrics.

True but seriously Eset is so awesome I mean the endpoint version is nuts
and one of the better GUIs I have seen for an endpoint product SEP in the other hand is pure trash in terms of GUI and now with Broadcom website locked people can’t access the educational section

but eset endpoint GUI is good but there are a few better ones
My favorite is kes XD

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
The result of 87-90% corresponds to the results of Eset in the last test of AV-Comparatives. In most amateur tests on YouTube, the same percentage is also the same. About 90%, on average. The web protection is good. I have not seen a program self-defense test for a long time, when they try to disable the antivirus with various special programs to stop processes in the system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.