2. Inexperienced users
  3. Experienced users
  4. Banking or other financial activity
  5. Gamers
  6. Low specs device
Overall Rating
5.00 star(s)
Disclaimer
  1. Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
    This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

SpiderWeb

Level 4
What is your opinion on Chrome coming with ESET built in?

ESET is arguably the best AV and the only one I would install (again). Zero trackers, no selling your data, machine code makes it super light and fast. Only downside is the UI and the business model. It makes no sense lol. Of course everyone wants Smart Premium. The regular AV or Premium are not worth the money.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff member
What is your opinion on Chrome coming with ESET built in?

ESET is arguably the best AV and the only one I would install (again). Zero trackers, no selling your data, machine code makes it super light and fast. Only downside is the UI and the business model. It makes no sense lol. Of course everyone wants Smart Premium. The regular AV or Premium are not worth the money.
I honestly cannot say on this one simply because not once I had to ESET detecting PUAs in my systems, even my son's one.
Last time I tested PUAs detection and removal was a few months back and it worked as expected.

But thats talking specifically within ESET
now applying such technology to a browser, I am not sure. I do hope it will work fine with barely any false positives. I do wonder what will happen when there are false positives, how do chrome users report it.

Bonorex

Level 1
If Google's Chrome Cleanup doesn't really have any impact on PC's performance, than Google should be praised for the move. Some time ago I used Malwarebytes as my second opinion scanner, but I dropped it once that I found Eset's Online scanner. In my opinion, ESET's scanner is really good in identifying PUA's, and gives no particular problems of false positives. Since ESET is one of the AVs with the smallest amount of false positives, Google's add on could represent a good solution for those that want a reliable second opinion on their AV's PUA findings.

no selling your data
That we don't know. and i am pretty sure you don't know too, unless you are their CEO or something then let us know!
this business with users data is going to be always a thing and we cannot be never ever sure that which one is trusted so if anyone care about this matter still in 2020, should use an AV made in their own country.

ESET is a great product great company and ofc one of the best i remember i had a friend used to do some hacking stuff and the only AV he used to trust was ESET not sure why never asked but there has to be something that ESET is ESET for years now..

SpiderWeb

Level 4
That we don't know. and i am pretty sure you don't know too, unless you are their CEO or something then let us know!
this business with users data is going to be always a thing and we cannot be never ever sure that which one is trusted so if anyone care about this matter still in 2020, should use an AV made in their own country.

ESET is a great product great company and ofc one of the best i remember i had a friend used to do some hacking stuff and the only AV he used to trust was ESET not sure why never asked but there has to be something that ESET is ESET for years now..
True. That was an assumption from me based on this:

And Exodus saying that there are no trackers in ESET for Android at least unlike many other AVs. If ESET sells your data then they must be using in-house tools but I'm going on a limb and say they don't because reputation matters to them.