ESET SS updates failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cehson

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
You are right about that. I have reinstaled windows again, and if it continues i'll open support ticket with eset :/.

Reactions: Maxxx58

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Have you tried just reinstalling the offline installer without uninstalling the current installed eset?
Also have you checked that you are not using a proxy anywhere particularly Internet explorer or you are not using a VPN service?
There has to be an easier solution than reinstalling the OS.
Do you have system restore enabled?
Why not uninstall eset completely create a restore point then install eset again.This way until you figure out the problem you can at least do a system restore than reinstalling the OS

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Have you tried just reinstalling the offline installer without uninstalling the current installed eset?
Also have you checked that you are not using a proxy anywhere particularly Internet explorer or you are not using a VPN service?
There has to be an easier solution than reinstalling the OS.
Do you have system restore enabled?
Why not uninstall eset completely create a restore point then install eset again.This way until you figure out the problem you can at least do a system restore than reinstalling the OS
I do all of things you guide, can not solve, but maybe luckily, it doesn't happened on my computer today

Cehson

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
I have tried that Exterminator, and for all the tips you wrote, believe me its no problem just to format, because i have no important programs installed atm. I'm not using proxy, or VPN atm. It updated automatically now, i will see if its fixed now. I have installed drivers for the motherboard that came with it on the CD. Maybe its some kind of driver problem with network card... :/

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have tried that Exterminator, and for all the tips you wrote, believe me its no problem just to format, because i have no important programs installed atm. I'm not using proxy, or VPN atm. It updated automatically now, i will see if its fixed now. I have installed drivers for the motherboard that came with it on the CD. Maybe its some kind of driver problem with network card... :/
The one or two times I have had this happen it then immediately updated when I clicked update.I have never experienced an issue like this in the many,many years of using eset.I hope you guys narrow it down and report back as it would be a helpful bit of information to know.

Cehson

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
I sure will, but i hope the problem is over...but if it isn't i'll open ticket with ESET support :). Thank you for your tips and support

Reactions: Exterminator

Cehson

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
The only temporary solution for me is to untick the auto-update after user logon and leave the auto-update every one hour ticked in the Schedule. You can of course create new update schedule for dial-up connection for the update parameter to work properly or create new update schedule and set to earlier or later time to update.

Have an update on the matter, this worked ! :) Thank you yongsua for the idea! ^_^

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Have an update on the matter, this worked ! :) Thank you yongsua for the idea! ^_^

Hi friends. I have exactly same problem in my laptop an desktop PC. Could you explain how configure schedule updating? Thanks

Cehson

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
Ok, so :
  • first i added update scheduled task,
  • Then i putted that event trigger task should be "User logon" with interval 1 houre
  • Next step i made "Wait until the next scheduled time"

And other thing i have changed under "Regular automatic update" is "Run the task as soon as possible" instead of "Wait until the next scheduled time" that was by default.

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Ok, so :
  • first i added update scheduled task,
  • Then i putted that event trigger task should be "User logon" with interval 1 houre
  • Next step i made "Wait until the next scheduled time"

And other thing i have changed under "Regular automatic update" is "Run the task as soon as possible" instead of "Wait until the next scheduled time" that was by default.

Thanks friend. I've tried your configuration in my desktop PC... but this morning i get same error (during night my PC was sleeping). However, in my laptop, i've tried a different configuration. I added update scheduled task too, but instead "user logon", i set "Repeteadly", 1 hour and Run the task as soon as possible. Also, i've changed too "Regular automatic update" as yours, and "Automatic update upon modem connection to the Internet" in the same way (Run the task as soon as possible).. Thus, there has been no error. Now, i have to configure my desktop PC the same way and try...

Cehson

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
Yepp, you should try to find configuration of scheduled updates that works for your pc ;). Just proves how everyones pc is different.

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Damn! It not works... When my PC is sleeping, ESET can't update its database (server not found). I opened a ticket in support ESET Spain, but they can't help me. With Emsisoft or Kaspersky i don't have this problem, but globally i prefer ESET.

Last edited:

Cehson

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
Im really sorry to hear that my friend, In your case i would play with update schedule, just try all possible solutions, and im confident you will find one that works.

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Bad news... The problem is back in my laptop, so i have to try another solution

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I have some solution (under testing). Today, I reinstall Windows and when I install ESS 8, I use Live Installer (when access eset.com to download, remember to choose your right location, for me, I come from Vietnam and I choose Vietnam location (not international)) to download and install ESS. I noticed that the verion when I you Live Installer and choose Vietnam location is different. It has "Training" session (International offline installer doesn't have that). After that, my ESS update service works well (under testing) and I don't see this problem goes back to me
X37pUr0.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Malakke and Cehson

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
I have some solution (under testing). Today, I reinstall Windows and when I install ESS 8, I use Live Installer (when access eset.com to download, remember to choose your right location, for me, I come from Vietnam and I choose Vietnam location (not international)) to download and install ESS. I noticed that the verion when I you Live Installer and choose Vietnam location is different. It has "Training" session (International offline installer doesn't have that). After that, my ESS update service works well (under testing) and I don't see this problem goes back to me
X37pUr0.png

Great news! Unfortunately, i've downloaded spanish version, but it's not Training section, so my problem remains... Yesterday i opened a ticket with ESET support in USA (San Diego). They are very friendly and connected remotely to my computer. They tried a lot of things with schedule tasks, and they configured a Update task every minute (obviously it works, but it's not useful cause the great bandwidth). I suggested a delay in update for next versions when the computer sleeps... Now, the only solution is not sleep my computer, only hibernate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.