App Review Eset vs Acronis Comparative Reviews

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to this comparison!
We will compare Eset against Acronis.
The 2 antiviruses have different approaches: Eset in the lightness, its engine and especially intended for novices.
Acronis has linked its antivirus to its backup tool and is based on its AI and Bitdefender.
Who will make a machine healthy?

ESET:

ESET is very lightweight and has an interface that can accommodate both novices and experts.
In terms of protection, nothing to say. The reputation of Eset can no longer be proven because it is very efficient both on the Web and in execution.
It makes a system infection free.

Acronis:

Acronis is all in one. Antivirus and backup. Quite surprised that it is lighter than before!
It has a protection against exploits (JS attack etc) but is experimental so not finished. I activate it.
On the web protection level, nothing to say.
On the pack, we can count on the Bitdefender engine and its AI in analysis. But, Acronis does not make up for anything at launch!
A little disappointed because it could have made a machine healthy too.
The machine is infected, Norton does not find anything and Kaspersky detects traces but there is an infection in memory committed by a RAT...
Too bad.

Winner : Eset

@gary_seven request

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadrowra your "presentation" (politically correct?) comports with my reality (my interpretation) Thanks for the confirmation! Enjoy your upcoming holiday.

My vacations are postponed, because my workload is still high in IRL... it will probably be in February or I will make my break ;)

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
When you say lightweight, how to check this? Do I check Memory and CPU percentage in PC's Task Manager? Or is there any method to check lightweight/heavyweight for a program?

I watch via KillSwitch and also by my feeling. The VM is running with 8GB of RAM and 12 cores that I have allocated on my logical cores

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Aronis, I had a number of failed restores and lost my trust, went from I think just ransomware protection to a service that does not coexists with other Avs ,maybe the failed restores were my fault but haven't had this type of problem since going with other program

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.