BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Symptoms :
Freezing when opening Windows Explorer, particularly folder with files in it (especially .exe , .msi and other types of installers). Only when opening Windows Explorer for the first time after starting the system. Icons from that files in the folder not showing, Explorer freezes and right click is inaccessible.
It started with Spring Update for Windows 8.1.
Sometimes right click menu on the Desktop not working for a couple of seconds.

Anyone else? :oops:

Reactions: MrExplorer

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Dunno what's going on, it happens just 1 time at the start, and then system runs fluently. Tried with no ESET at all, and the problem doesn't exists...o_O

Reactions: Lailson

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
will try to restore a backup and see...

d16

Apr 14, 2014
The problem is related to onedrive.For me the problem of desktop freeze at startup is solved by switching to microsoft account and when i switched back to local account then again the desktop freeze is there..

Reactions: BoraMurdar

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Even i am also having this problem, but sometime not every time.
Why don't you try to Refresh your Windows 8.1 than update 1

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Due to all these reasons i'm still scared of upgrading my win 8.
purshupro, I don't blame you for waiting. If Win 8 works well for you, why fix it if is isn'to_O ...you know. If, on the other hand, you see it's working fluidly for everyone else with a similar system, you can always upgrade it then!:) Me thinks you've already avoided lots of the worrying & headaches which I have not.:rolleyes: This is just my encouraging opinion.;)

aBTW, I don't have ESET (yet) but maybe the next Giveaway...:D We're armed solely with Windows Defender AV & it's native firewall for Windows 8.1, and the update seems worked fine. In fact, many little irritations, some trouble with lagging, & past incompatibilities, have mostly seemed to work themselves away. It's also nice to start on the desktop again! Now, that is impressive as the system matures!:)

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Restored from backup from before Update 1 came up, updated now and the problem is solved, and of course, dunno how o_O

But thanks guys anyway :)

Reactions: MrExplorer

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Restored from backup from before Update 1 came up, updated now and the problem is solved, and of course, dunno how o_O

But thanks guys anyway :)

Good to see that your problem is solved.
From past 3-4 days, i am not having any problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.