Eugene Kaspersky Addresses the allegations against Kaspersky Lab.

F

ForgottenSeer 85911

I hear what you are saying, but in all honesty I just had a quick re-read of this entire thread and I don't see anything offensive, or anyone bashing others politically. The only thing remotely close is some back and forth on the technical side of things, but nothing offensive. In all fairness you are the only one that seems to be worked up on this and you are the only one here that seems to be offended.

I am not trying to be mean, I mean this in the friendliness of ways, but you are the only one having an issue with this, no one else here is. This whole thread has been very friendly and respectful, so I don't see any reason it needs to change. People are free to discuss the politics of this, as long as it's done in a friendly/respectful manner. Which it has up to this point, so I don't see any issues. Like I said in my previous post, there is a technical side to this, but also a big political aspect to it as well. I'm not here to take sides, or tell others to take sides, but you cannot discuss this topic without some political discussion. You are right that we really don't know all the details for sure, but that doesn't mean we cannot discuss it.

At the end of the day, it's your opinion, but really it's up to the administrators/moderators on whether they deem this an issue. The fact that it's still open and they are allowing people to post means that they don't have an issue with it, as it has been a very friendly discussion.

Again I am not trying to come across as rude, or unfriendly, but if you have an issue with it, then simply ignore this thread, but I wouldn't be going around telling people what they should and should not discuss, especially when there hasn't been any major issues thus far.

i think the discussion is cheap like tabloid
the issue itself is dead, but certain individuals keep resurrecting it for political reasons
it has not been friendly
please do not reply to me again
thank you

• HaHa
Reactions: Mercenary

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
You ought to be thankful you were not here for the infamous 'ESET versus Norton' - Which is the best thread? - The thread ran for just two weeks yet racked up over two & half a million pages, the thread was so heated 255 forum members were killed, hundreds more were injured (including two moderators) 427 members had to have psychiatric assessment (including 1 moderator) The entire WWW had to be closed down to end the thread & over 16,000 members resigned - After the dust had settled there was no clear indication of which was the better AV solution.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mercenary

Level 1
Aug 9, 2019
One aspect of the affair intriguing me is the "openness" of those Israeli hackers voluntarily disclosing their dirty deeds, if you have some knowledge of intelligence officine, you know this is not an usual behavior...
You usually avoid to expose yourself, you do your job, and remove traces of your presence, not showing off you breached a company network...

One point to note, is that Israel is quite upset towards Kaspersky exposing their Stuxnet malware and openly accusing them of the attack...
And in this affair, Israel are the ones who "discovered" that Russian spies were using kaspersky network and turned it into a spying tool.
And obviously, Eugene's past didn't help in this aspect...

US conspiracy? no so sure. Israeli one? more probable, Israeli politics are quite shady and preventing them to impact their enemies (Iran in this case) is a good reason to be target of some form of retaliation.

And as always, when intelligence services and government are involved, seeing the truth is as complicated as finding the Saint Graal...

One thing is sure, Cloud automatic uploads should be revisited LOL
Yes, I agree with you, the strange behavior of Israeli hackers. This is probably the first and only case when they admitted and took responsibility. They never claimed responsibility for Stuxnet.
I agree that when special services work, it’s almost impossible to find out the truth, you can only guess and build theories.
As for the cloud, I also agree :)

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 72227
L

Local Host

@georgann94 Your logic is flawed.

There's no reason whasoever to mention Czech Republic in the CCleaner incident, it should be more than obvious why.
  • It was an exploit, due to a short-sight from a developer,
  • It was a targetted attack, with few users affected,
  • The Czech Republic nor politics were involved whasoever in the incident.
Plus if you talking privacy concerns, again it has nothing to do with Czech Republic nor have they made any comment, the concerns are on Avast (the company, it does not represent any country).

The USA is entirely different, they banned and diffamed both Kaspersky and Huawei with baseless accusations and no evidence to show for itself, up to this date.

The reason this is still a discussion, is because the USA has failed to provide evidence of both companies misconduct.
if you do not like my opinion you have the right to ignore it
otherwise please do not address me
thank you
The same way you can ignore the comments you don't like, instead of trying to set rules on what is allowed to be discussed here.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 85911

You ought to be thankful you were not here for the infamous 'ESET versus Norton' - Which is the best thread? - The thread ran for just two weeks yet racked up over two & half a million pages, the thread was so heated 255 forum members were killed, hundreds more were injured (including two moderators) 427 members had to have psychiatric assessment (including 1 moderator) The entire WWW had to be closed down to end the thread & over 16,000 members resigned - After the dust had settled there was no clear indication of which was the better AV solution.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

it makes sense
it womens get it done while mens play like childrens

F

ForgottenSeer 85911

@georgann94 Your logic is flawed.

my logic is exquisite
you are one of pro-Russian\US-haters i waited to show up
next will be the pro-Huwei person

@georgann94

There's no reason whasoever to mention Czech Republic in the CCleaner incident, it should be more than obvious why.
  • It was an exploit, due to a short-sight from a developer,
  • It was a targetted attack, with few users affected,
  • The Czech Republic nor politics were involved whasoever in the incident.
Plus if you talking privacy concerns, again it has nothing to do with Czech Republic nor have they made any comment, the concerns are on Avast (the company, it does not represent any country).

i mentioned CCleaner in reply to this post here in this thread (obviously you did not bother to read the entire thread)
my CCleaner analysis is spot-on about no US govt involvement therefore no dramas

CCleaner.PNG

@georgann94

The USA is entirely different, they banned and diffamed both Kaspersky and Huawei with baseless accusations and no evidence to show for itself, up to this date.

US govt has the right to ban Kaspersky on their critical systems
despite "bad publicity" Kaspersky not go out of business
a child knows you do not use your enemy's software
the claims are not baseless it is just that only the intelligence agencies will not release all details

@georgann94
The reason this is still a discussion, is because the USA has failed to provide evidence of both companies misconduct.

that is not the reason for the discussion
it is about hurt feelings and immaturity
it is about people that want to constant whine and complain
if you are waiting for evidence and apology it will never come
intelligence agencies do not reveal what they know cause that will reveal how they found out
a child knows this

like i keep saying, the issue is over 2+ years old an irrelevant and inappropriate
people keep resurrecting it for political and dramas purposes

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Burrito

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I think a lot of people here have an anti-US axe to grind
so that is why these discussions keep continuing on about an issue that is long since irrelevant and inappropriate to this forum
If I made a comparison because I wanted to answer this previous quote, maybe I did not make a good comparison. I wanted to say that in MT there is no feeling against any country.

F

ForgottenSeer 85911

I wanted to say that in MT there is no feeling against any country.

(y)

most MT members have no feelings against any country
there are here having blatant motives
if US agency accused CCleaner of something the political vitriol would flow

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
(y)

most MT members have no feelings against any country
there are here having blatant motives
if US agency accused CCleaner of something the political vitriol would flow
sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

F

ForgottenSeer 85911

sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

some peoples here at MT have political agendas
if US govt said "CCleaner knowingly allowed someone breach and place malware cause we have intelligence" people here would go crazy

Reactions: bribon77
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I wanted to say that in MT there is no feeling against any country.
Against citizens, no (but I had seen threads borderline, mocking cultural traditions/behaviors...) especially since the Corona Virus...

Against governments and companies, plenty. Just check thread about Chinese products. How many "it's Chinese, I won't touch it"

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Against governments and companies, plenty. Just check thread about Chinese products. How many "it's Chinese, I won't touch it"
I use CCleaner and I use Chinese and Russian programs and the United States and many others.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I use CCleaner and I use Chinese and Russian programs and the United States and many others.
I know that because I know you. But many rather use a western crap software than a good Russian or Chinese one.
Most are even so unbarely naive that they believe that western software are less privacy intrusive than others...

Reactions: bribon77

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I know that because I know you. But many rather use a western crap software than a good Russian or Chinese one.
Most are even so unbarely naive that they believe that western software are less privacy intrusive than others...
Einstein said, there were two infinite things, the Universe and Human Stupidity.

Reactions: mlnevese

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.