Status
Not open for further replies.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Thanks guys for the explanation. I should really look more into Harmony... Even if I was a little sceptical it now seems like a well thought-through solution to me. (y)
I am not gonna use something inferior :D
It's well thought out because you have Next-Gen AV that does the static analysis.
Then you have Kaspersky/Sophos to do the dynamic analysis and signatures.
ThreatCloud does the hash-based detection.
Full-blown emulation is available for true zero-days.
And finally, behavioural guard, anti-bot, anti-exploit, anti-ransomware and forensics cover runtime detections.
Malicious URL filter can block phishing, spam as well as secondary payloads from being downloaded.

That's every corner covered.

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
I am not gonna use something inferior :D
It's well thought out because you have Next-Gen AV that does the static analysis.
Then you have Kaspersky/Sophos to do the dynamic analysis and signatures.
ThreatCloud does the hash-based detection.
Full-blown emulation is available for true zero-days.
And finally, behavioural guard, anti-bot, anti-exploit, anti-ransomware and forensics cover runtime detections.
Malicious URL filter can block phishing, spam as well as secondary payloads from being downloaded.

That's every corner covered.
Then they have @Trident and me to squash the remaining.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
That was the reason why I tried to be sceptical as long as possible.. 😌
But no, Deep Instinct still seems like the better solution for my personal PC usage.

Personally, I'm still testing Harmony on my virtual machine to see if everything is OK.
I've installed it on my mother's and my girlfriend's PCs to see too. My brother should be able to use it too.

And if all goes well, I'll be leaving DeepInstinct (which bothers me because I really like it, but I'm getting fed up with its AI and its false positives... ) and migrate to Harmony.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Personally, I'm still testing Harmony on my virtual machine to see if everything is OK.
I've installed it on my mother's and my girlfriend's PCs to see too. My brother should be able to use it too.

And if all goes well, I'll be leaving DeepInstinct (which bothers me because I really like it, but I'm getting fed up with its AI and its false positives... ) and migrate to Harmony.
Do that and I will be the only one using Deep Instinct here on MT at the moment. Then I can feel special again. 😄
But yeah, I would lie if I said that I wasn't inclined in trying Harmony by myself...

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022

It's not hard to bypass (DI). With some work it's not hard. I like em to bro

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Do that and I will be the only one using Deep Instinct here on MT at the moment. Then I can feel special again. 😄
I used it long time ago, before I decide to deploy it here and there on business machines. I never deployed it fully, It didn't win my heart enough.
One of the DI founders is an ex-check pointer. There is a slight beef between the 2 companies.

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.