Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'SCW Archive' started by Evjl's Rain, May 30, 2016.
I think he means the cannot type into Chrome bug?
I installed zemana antilogger. I reported a bug many times months ago, they confirmed it but now it hasn't been fixed yet
- I need a tool to type in my language and let it run all the time (á à ạ ã ê ơ for example)
- zemana ID theft protection must be off in order for the typing tool to work -> I switched off zemana's ID theft protection
- I put my laptop into standby/sleep for 30 minutes -> opened the laptop to use
- Zemana ID theft protection status in the app was still off but actually it was automatically switched on siliently. I noticed it because I was not able to type in my language
- workaround: turning zemana ID theft protection on and then off -> able to type again
second problem, not really a bug: zemana, even the portable, is constantly working in the background, although it is closed completely, and creates trace files every 2 minutes. They said it was for monitoring the app's activities for future bug tracking but it doesn't make sense to me. mornitor what when nothing is working???
Evjl's Rain why do not you try Heimdal Pro ?
I don't have much information about it + I have a lifetime license for ZAL + 1 year for ZAM + 4 year license for Voodooshield so I don't play around with other paid softwares. Don't wanna pay for security softwares
So stay with Zemana ...Voodooshield is it's better ?
voodooshield is far better than zemana, hard to penetrate, also lighter than ZAM
I tried now ESSP+ZAL+Heimdal Pro ...what is your opinion?
with ESET and zemana you are well protected
I don't know about heimdal pro so I can't comment about it but I don't really need it because ESET & ZAL (pandora enabled) are more than enough in most cases. ZAL is extremely strong
you don't have to use a tool to type so you can use ZAL without problems, unlike me
ESSP+ZAL+Heimdal Pro = $$$$
ESSP+ZAL = $$
i want voodooshield but for now my funds is down
you can use the free version. It's very very good
in pro version, I just change only 1 or 2 options to increase a bit the security and make it show less popups
VS free in autopilot mode, you should be fine. I still rate it higher than paid ZAM
everything in my setup is free, either from giveaways or someone gave me
I can even use avast free and VS free. good enough
- Shadow Defender - forgot to add, have been using it for a long time but rarely open
- HitmanPro.Alert (tweaked - except Keystroke encryption for Chrome)
- Local account -> will reset the Windows after the huge update comes out
- UAC disabled but will show a prompt to allow/deny apps requiring administrator priviledges (Voodooshield Pro as UAC surrogate). I just run what I wanna run and for sure will allow them all
- BD trafficlight
- HMP.A: CPU fan never stopped working since the installation, the laptop was always warm. I tried to exclude everything I could but no improvement. After the removal, everything is x2 faster, CPU usage is also 20% less, the fan is not noisy anymore. Bad experience. it felt like running kaspersky alongside avast
- BD trafficlight
Why not tried Hitman Pro now...
HitmanPro is just a 2nd opinion scanner. There is no realtime protection
For me Heimdal Pro is very ok.
HitmanPro.Alert is pretty good. I have been using it ever since I won it in a giveaway The Keylogger protection is ace
I understand because you have a x10 stronger machine than mine I use an HDD so any small drop in performance on my laptop, I can easily notice
with HMP.A I could hear my fan making so much noise. When I opened chrome after a startup, I got 100% of CPU usage (i7-3630QM) while after the uninstallation, it takes ~65% at best. I also saw HMP.A using CPU and disk activity more than avast + VS combined . It took my 2 hours to run some tests, monitor and give the final verdict. HMP.A significantly reduces my laptop's performance, at least 2-3 times, obvious
ì you have enough resources, you are fine with it but for laptop users without an SSD, it's too much
Have a worse cpu and in all tests it didn't do that. It must be something else in general in your system. Have a 2670qm with turbo disabled and it doesn't go above 40%(EAM+ReHips). So a program you use it's doing lots of cpu usage. You might want to figure it out.
I just opened a few tabs (3-5) using chrome and watched a stream via VLC. process lasso showed persistent CPU and disk usage of HMP processes
also when I opened chrome alone, the performance, the smoothness while dragging and dropping were noticeably more sluggish. I tried to tweak, defrag, whitelist,... -> no noticeable improvement
yes, long time after the reboot, it consumed maximum 50% but after the removal, the total CPU usage now is much less. HMP.A also increases the CPU usage of other apps, not just itself
If you have time remove process lasso and see how it behaves. Your system 100% has a program messing with cpu cycles.