Never notify (disabled)
Real-time security
Avast Premier (HM aggressive), Voodooshield Pro, Shadow Defender
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana portable, herdProtect, Emsisoft EK, VirusTotal Uploader, Hitman Pro
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome x64, uBlock Origin, Avira Browser Safety, Popup Blocker (strict), Checker Plus for Gmail™, h264ify, Violentmoney, VTchromizer, uBlock Origin Extra, GIFUR
Maintenance tools
CCleaner (CCenhancer-ed), Privazer, DiskMax, Spybot Anti-beacon, O&O ShutUp, Everything
File and Photo backup
Windows built-in
System recovery
Norton Ghost (Hirenboot CD)
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/rains-laptop.61841/

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Zemana antilogger -> bugs still persists ,what bug man ?
I installed zemana antilogger. I reported a bug many times months ago, they confirmed it but now it hasn't been fixed yet
- I need a tool to type in my language and let it run all the time (á à ạ ã ê ơ for example)
- zemana ID theft protection must be off in order for the typing tool to work -> I switched off zemana's ID theft protection
- I put my laptop into standby/sleep for 30 minutes -> opened the laptop to use
- Zemana ID theft protection status in the app was still off but actually it was automatically switched on siliently. I noticed it because I was not able to type in my language
- workaround: turning zemana ID theft protection on and then off -> able to type again

second problem, not really a bug: zemana, even the portable, is constantly working in the background, although it is closed completely, and creates trace files every 2 minutes. They said it was for monitoring the app's activities for future bug tracking but it doesn't make sense to me. mornitor what when nothing is working???

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I tried now ESSP+ZAL+Heimdal Pro ...what is your opinion?
with ESET and zemana you are well protected
I don't know about heimdal pro so I can't comment about it but I don't really need it because ESET & ZAL (pandora enabled) are more than enough in most cases. ZAL is extremely strong
you don't have to use a tool to type so you can use ZAL without problems, unlike me

ESSP+ZAL+Heimdal Pro = $$$$
ESSP+ZAL = $$

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
i want voodooshield but for now my funds is down :(
you can use the free version. It's very very good
in pro version, I just change only 1 or 2 options to increase a bit the security and make it show less popups

VS free in autopilot mode, you should be fine. I still rate it higher than paid ZAM
everything in my setup is free, either from giveaways or someone gave me
I can even use avast free and VS free. good enough

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Added:
- Shadow Defender - forgot to add, have been using it for a long time but rarely open
- HitmanPro.Alert (tweaked - except Keystroke encryption for Chrome)
- Local account -> will reset the Windows after the huge update comes out
- UAC disabled but will show a prompt to allow/deny apps requiring administrator priviledges (Voodooshield Pro as UAC surrogate). I just run what I wanna run and for sure will allow them all
- BD trafficlight

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Removed:
- HMP.A: CPU fan never stopped working since the installation, the laptop was always warm. I tried to exclude everything I could but no improvement. After the removal, everything is x2 faster, CPU usage is also 20% less, the fan is not noisy anymore. Bad experience. it felt like running kaspersky alongside avast

- BD trafficlight

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
HitmanPro.. Alert is pretty good. I have been using it ever since I won it in a giveaway :) The Keylogger protection is ace :)
I understand because you have a x10 stronger machine than mine :) I use an HDD so any small drop in performance on my laptop, I can easily notice
with HMP.A I could hear my fan making so much noise. When I opened chrome after a startup, I got 100% of CPU usage (i7-3630QM) while after the uninstallation, it takes ~65% at best. I also saw HMP.A using CPU and disk activity more than avast + VS combined :(. It took my 2 hours to run some tests, monitor and give the final verdict. HMP.A significantly reduces my laptop's performance, at least 2-3 times, obvious :D

ì you have enough resources, you are fine with it but for laptop users without an SSD, it's too much :(

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I understand because you have a x10 stronger machine than mine :) I use an HDD so any small drop in performance on my laptop, I can easily notice
with HMP.A I could hear my fan making so much noise. When I opened chrome after a startup, I got 100% of CPU usage (i7-3630QM) while after the uninstallation, it takes ~65% at best. I also saw HMP.A using CPU and disk activity more than avast + VS combined :(. It took my 2 hours to run some tests, monitor and give the final verdict. HMP.A significantly reduces my laptop's performance, at least 2-3 times, obvious :D
Have a worse cpu and in all tests it didn't do that. It must be something else in general in your system. Have a 2670qm with turbo disabled and it doesn't go above 40%(EAM+ReHips). So a program you use it's doing lots of cpu usage. You might want to figure it out.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Have a worse cpu and in all tests it didn't do that. It must be something else in general in your system. Have a 2670qm with turbo disabled and it doesn't go above 40%(EAM+ReHips). So a program you use it's doing lots of cpu usage. You might want to figure it out.
I just opened a few tabs (3-5) using chrome and watched a stream via VLC. process lasso showed persistent CPU and disk usage of HMP processes
also when I opened chrome alone, the performance, the smoothness while dragging and dropping were noticeably more sluggish. I tried to tweak, defrag, whitelist,... -> no noticeable improvement :)

yes, long time after the reboot, it consumed maximum 50% but after the removal, the total CPU usage now is much less. HMP.A also increases the CPU usage of other apps, not just itself

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I just opened a few tabs (3-5) using chrome and watched a stream via VLC. process lasso showed persistent CPU and disk usage of HMP processes
also when I opened chrome alone, the performance, the smoothness while dragging and dropping were noticeably more sluggish. I tried to tweak, defrag, whitelist,... -> no noticeable improvement :)

yes, long time after the reboot, it consumed maximum 50% but after the removal, the total CPU usage now is much less. HMP.A also increases the CPU usage of other apps, not just itself
If you have time remove process lasso and see how it behaves. Your system 100% has a program messing with cpu cycles.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.