Evo 212 vs stock Intel cooler

exCode

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
Hey guys, so recently I got an Intel Skylake 6600k processor. Of course it didn't come with a cooler so I'm just using my old 4570. Should I get an Evo 212, since I've heard good reviews?

Reactions: SHvFl

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
The Evo 212 is by far and away the best bang for buck air cooler. It is better than some entry level liquid coolers too. If you plan on overclocking a lot, you'll need a Corsair H80 or H100i. If you plan on overclocking minimally or not at all, the Evo 212 is a fantastic cooler for the price.

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
If it fits in your case and you don't plan on doing any big overclock go for it. It's a decent cooler but not one you can overclock on.

exCode

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
The Evo 212 is by far and away the best bang for buck air cooler. It is better than some entry level liquid coolers too. If you plan on overclocking a lot, you'll need a Corsair H80 or H100i. If you plan on overclocking minimally or not at all, the Evo 212 is a fantastic cooler for the price.

If it fits in your case and you don't plan on doing any big overclock go for it. It's a decent cooler but not one you can overclock on.

I don't plan on OCing, but thanks for your responses. I think I might get one soon :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hey guys, so recently I got an Intel Skylake 6600k processor. Of course it didn't come with a cooler so I'm just using my old 4570. Should I get an Evo 212, since I've heard good reviews?
If you have more money to spend go with Noctua NH-D14, but in any case 212 EVO is decent cooler if you don't plan heavy overclock

Reactions: XIII

exCode

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
If you have more money to spend go with Noctua NH-D14, but in any case 212 EVO is decent cooler if you don't plan heavy overclock
Damn that's expensive! I think I will probably go for the 212 just because it's pretty cheap. I don't think I'll be OCing any time soon so that should be good enough for me. Thanks :)

Reactions: BoraMurdar

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
I don't plan on OCing, but thanks for your responses. I think I might get one soon :)

Probably too late now, but I saw your thread about parts you were purchasing. Any reason you went with the Unlocked processor if no overclocking is to be done?

Reactions: BoraMurdar

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.