Advice Request Ex bf hacked email

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
So my ex hacked my email tool over my account locked me out my phones now every time I open up a count he does the same again !!!;

View attachment 277985
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. Dealing with an ex who hacked your email and continues to compromise your accounts can be incredibly frustrating and invasive. Here are a few steps you can take to regain control and protect yourself:

1. Reset your phone: Consider resetting your phone to the default factory settings.

2. Change all passwords: Start by changing the passwords for all your online accounts, including email, social media, and any other sensitive accounts. Ensure that your new passwords are strong and unique for each account.

3. Enable two-factor authentication (2FA): Activate 2FA wherever possible to add an extra layer of security. This way, even if your ex knows your password, they will still need a secondary authentication method, like a verification code sent to your phone.

4. Notify your email provider: Contact your email service provider and explain the situation. They may be able to assist you in recovering your account or implementing additional security measures.

5. Check for malware or keyloggers: Run a thorough scan on your devices (computers, phones, tablets) to identify and remove any malicious software that may have been installed by your ex to gain unauthorized access.

6. Update your security settings: Review and update the security settings on all your accounts to ensure maximum protection. This includes reviewing authorized devices, enabling account recovery options, and being cautious about the information you share online.

7. Inform the authorities: If you believe your ex's actions are illegal or pose a significant threat, consider reporting the incident to your local authorities and providing them with any evidence you may have.

Remember, it's crucial to prioritize your safety and take action to prevent further unauthorized access. It may also be helpful to consult a legal professional who can guide you on possible actions you can take against your ex.

Victor M

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
Be aware that the phone app on your phone does not require 2FA. If may ask for 2FA on registration, but won't ask for it again. So if your phone is hacked, the attacker will gain access to your mail. The best thing to do is not use the mail app of your phone. Instead, surf to the web email address, like outlook.com or gmail.com. When you access your mail thru the web mail site, it will always ask for 2FA, unless you deliberately disable that feature. And go buy a Yubikey, it is a small tab like device, you just press it against your phone when it asks for it. And you can keep it on your key holder. You can take a look at it at yubico.com .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.