Solved Excelc.exe Winwordc.exe (ransomware?)

schnitzer

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2017
As all word and excel files are now in read only, I am unable to alter and save them. On opening the files AVG popped up saying that somebody else (can't remember exactly) was trying to access files. Removed files from computer onto a memory stick so that they can now be altered but they cannot be altered when on the computer. Also there was an unknown file that popped up in Documents that was deleted but kept returning to the same place.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Addition.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    29.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Thunderbold

schnitzer

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2017
Hello,

Which file is returning to Documents?
Not sure what the file was. just a un-named file that I kept deleting but then reappeared. It then seemed to disappear for good.
It wasn't there before though.
I have sent you the screenshot from AVG. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: Thunderbold

schnitzer

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2017
I don't know why is AVG detecting this, I don't see signs of infection on your system.

No im not sure either. Maybe I should just open the Apps and put them in the trusted box and see what happens. It may AVG trying to put the fear in me so I update to a higher spec AV? It looks like all the potential threats are from Windows I think?

Anyway thanks for looking.
Mark.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.