Solved Excelc.exe Winwordc.exe (ransomware?)

schnitzer

Level 1
As all word and excel files are now in read only, I am unable to alter and save them. On opening the files AVG popped up saying that somebody else (can't remember exactly) was trying to access files. Removed files from computer onto a memory stick so that they can now be altered but they cannot be altered when on the computer. Also there was an unknown file that popped up in Documents that was deleted but kept returning to the same place.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
I don't know why is AVG detecting this, I don't see signs of infection on your system.


No im not sure either. Maybe I should just open the Apps and put them in the trusted box and see what happens. It may AVG trying to put the fear in me so I update to a higher spec AV? It looks like all the potential threats are from Windows I think?

Anyway thanks for looking.
Mark.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top