Exciting News! Bitdefender newest product line BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

chabbo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2013
EXCITING NEWS! We are launching soon the Beta campaign for the newest product line. The successor of Bitdefender 2013 comes with cool new features and some new technologies. Be the first to test it and win some cool prizes.

We are looking for the ultimate beta testers to give us their view on The New Bitdefender and help us improve the #1 Rated Antivirus Product. Pre-register now at http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/view/pre-beta.html?sm_id=SM

The New Bitdefender is sure to surprise you with both its new features, and new technologies. Not only have we increased scanning speed, but the impact on system resources is lower than ever. We really think you will enjoy testing this product!

PS Not Released yet but soon!

maaster

Level 1
Aug 5, 2012
There are many bugs in the 2013 version itself...First let them correct the bugs and then release their 2014 versions!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Link should work now.

Tip: Never copy and paste links as text. ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Have to agree with master.Maybe this explains the enormous amount of licenses being given away by Bitdefender. I like especially like the beta test/gadget giveaway.They will probably have as many beta testers as license giveaways.

P

Plexx

maaster said:
There are many bugs in the 2013 version itself...First let them correct the bugs and then release their 2014 versions!

Dejavu of what happened to the release of 2013 all over again. I do hope however they have learnt from their mistakes and from the users feedback.

Even non-bugs, there are many valid requests/observations from users which sets BD back if they do not tackle, such as the famous "lightning fast" scan speed in the market (correct term: snail speed).

King Grub

Jun 7, 2011
maaster said:

They never do. Every year they release the beta for the next version while the bugs from the last beta is still in the current product. Sometimes they even add new bugs that weren't in the beta to the finished product.

It's still a good security product, but I do wish they would polish it a bit more before releasing it, and not rushing out next year's beta version while the current is still in a semi-beta.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Yes I had first hand experience with bugs in 2013 version when it automatically permanently deleted a lot of my safe files without any warnings because of false positives. After I reported to their support, all they could say is we already know about the problem and we are working on it. So far I still don't believe it has been fixed and it has been several months. Not even a simple sorry for your deleted files.

There is a reason of all of the BitDefender Giveaways lately, they know there product is full of bugs because they are giving it away.

Too bad because BitDefender AV is an excellent engine but the bugs in their products cancel everything else out.

You can not depend on a buggy product to protect you no matter how good the AV testing sites and review sites say it is.

Other security products that use BitDefender engine don't seemed to be effected by as many bugs.

This kind of reminds me of VirusBuster, excellent engine but terrible product. Of coarse Agnitum is suppose to fix the problems since they have bought it.

Thanks.:D

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
My poor experience with Bitdefender goes back to 2011. Loads and loads of bugs, using bugs spray won't solved the problems. A security program that don't allow user interactive in realtime is a sure no go for me.

Some of you have Bitdefender that slows your system and some feels very light.
If you have slowdowns than its more likely you had Bitdefender Plus installed than the suite.. Bitfefender has low compatibilty tolerance.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
BitDefender said:
...but the impact on system resources is lower than ever.

Sounds too good to be true.

I'll let my testing PC be the judge of that.

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
first tell The Bitdefender team that fix all bugs of all 2013 security then go to 2014 beta version..!

norton737

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
563508_10152554169145023_618344351_n.png

I don't like BitDefender at all! But here you can see the "new" UI :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was looking forward to see a new UI, guess not. I wonder what else they new, if anything.

Thanks for the screenshot.

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Bitdefender 2014 Beta Testing[

Bitdefender 2014 Beta Testing

Who likes Bitdefende in Facebook they know about these..!!

Here you can go : http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/beta/?sm_id=newbeta/#knwisue :link:

Screenshots in Attached File(s):::
bitdefender.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.