Advice Request Excluding resist.fingerprinting exclusion

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Is it possible to exclude a site from resist.fingerprinting? I know there is an about:config string for it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I want to exclude local things, like sonarr, because resist.fingerprinting messes up the timezone.

Reactions: simmerskool

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Is it possible to exclude a site from resist.fingerprinting? I know there is an about:config string for it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I want to exclude local things, like sonarr, because resist.fingerprinting messes up the timezone.
Sorry, I'm not able to help you. Not that it matters, but I no longer use the preference myself.

Reactions: simmerskool

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Maybe Chameleon extension can help you

1676166488214.png

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Last edited:

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I agree with @oldschool. Besides, the whole point of using resist.fingerprinting was to do use less extensions thereby shrinking your attack surface. But I very much did like Chameleon when I used to use it. Thank you @HarborFront I may h ave to use it again if I cannot figure this out.

Has anyone has success with "privacy.resistFingerprinting.exemptedDomains" ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.