EXE Radar Pro v4 (Beta)

P

plat1098

I can reproduce these related errors every time with startup/restart:
erp error 1.PNG
erp error 2.PNG
If NVT ERP is uninstalled, these two Service Control Manager errors do not appear. Windows 10 x64 16299.248.

Edit: OK, imported the 33 rules as per post #1 and switched from Learning to Alert mode. :) A little thing: clicking on "About" via right-click on the tray icon and nothing happens. Just asking if Settings can ONLY be accessed via C:\Program Files. Thanks. Also: when I changed the modes, on restart of machine, I get a different set of Service Control Manager event ids: this time the Function Discovery Resource Publication service failure to start. Eg: one:
FS error.PNG
These don't really impact startup/restart but occur only when NVT ERP is installed so I thought I would comment on it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
As a corollary to this... does this setting also include Programs Files folders outside the OS "C:\"partition... for example...

D:\Program Files\
D:\Program Files (x86)\

EDIT 1: I noticed that the Events log is purged with each reboot. Is that intentional? I didn't see an option in settings for that.
There is a special log file that is saved, in addition to what you see in the GUI, by default the log files are purged after 15 days, but you can change that.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I noticed the install mode present in v3 is no longer available. I miss that.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Took a look, and it looks more capable. However, I didn't get an alert, so I guess it was only monitoring vulnerables (hand made rules are required for deeper monitoring?). If this is true, it would still seem that it's very configurable in that the user can decide how the protection should fit into the protection scheme.

Thx. Think I will be requiring a crash course on where to start before I jump over...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Took a look, and it looks more capable. However, I didn't get an alert, so I guess it was only monitoring vulnerables (hand made rules are required for deeper monitoring?). If this is true, it would still seem that it's very configurable in that the user can decide how the protection should fit into the protection scheme.

Thx. Think I will be requiring a crash course on where to start before I jump over...
Did you import the csv file? Otherwise, the vuln list is empty.

DavidLMO

Level 4
Verified
Dec 25, 2017
Installed today. Only thing that has changed.

Machine running slower ...
Clicking on emails. Hesitates
Loading sites ...ditto
I had the prior version installed.

Nothing else has changed on the machine at all.
Will uninstall and see if anything changes.

Reactions: AtlBo and shmu26

Chimaira

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 5, 2018
So with the option 'Allow all processes signed by Microsoft', is it safe to assume anything signed by Microsoft is safe?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Signed by Microsoft is safe, but it gives you a little less knowledge and control over your system, because lots of things will happen automatically.
Yeah, I wouldn't check that box, check the default too, more than a glance. It has Cscript and Wscript set to "ask" I edited these to "Not Allowed"
I'm playing with it finally, will write more in a few days. I may upload a solid cvs too. Stay Frosty

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I'm running Win 8.1 (x64) with Windows Defender (WD). Each time WD updates sigs, it does so with a unique file. As a result I'm always getting pop-ups for mpam-????????.exe (where ? is a random character), so I edited the "Allow" rule inserting a wildcard (*) in the executable name to (hopefully) make a permanent allow rule.

Is that correct? Can we use * and ? in the Rule Editor's Name and Path (and others?).

Reactions: shmu26 and AtlBo

DavidLMO

Level 4
Verified
Dec 25, 2017
Well - whatever my problem was it has vanished. Machine is running fine today after restarting this morning. So all is good. And I am clicking away retraining it.

D

Deleted member 178

Instead of alert mode what othe mode will give less prompts yet be safe?
None, the point of anti-exe softs like ERP is to alert you when a new executable is launched. Once your apps are all whitelisted you wont hear from them until you update them.
Lockdown Mode won't generate prompts but an notification instead when it block an non-whitelisted apps.
Remember, ERP is not an AV or HIPS or whatever apps with cloud reputation system or built-in whitelist; you are the whitelister.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.