Exorcizms' Security Configuration *UPDATED 1/11/2011*

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Loving the NEW security software updates!

Looking for software too add now!
This security software, combined with my knowledge, I'm 'unstoppable'! :p

Any good suggestions are welcome!

Thankyou! :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Exorcizm's Configuration

Add EMET (Enhanced Mitigation Experienced Toolkit) and Hitman Pro On Demand Scanner and your all set.

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011

i don't see, why you need those two tools.

because well, unless you go through alot of "strange" sites/files, then scanners and programs like EMET, would be completely pointless, adding this to knowledge as well aswell, they still might be pretty useless, from what Josh is running he's all set for online gaming and social gaming.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

For Hitman Pro is just another on demand scanner, giving another second opinion and firstly you can make it as portable without installation.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

being hacked is a scarecrow, we are not in possession of enough sensitive and valuable datas to be a real target. even hacking us to be a part of a botnet is too much labor to be worthy.

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011

the best you can get from me is either, a password hacking list, that was compiled from the net included in a wardriving kit.

or some gamesaves, being a botnet victim wouldn't be useful either as .. well my network isn't worth it. - good ol' security, but with josh's setup it's decent enough for anything he needs, plus as i'm sure i've said he's quite knowledgeable, so he's good to go.

if he really wanted to be secure he'd use a non-admin account.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Are you using the Free / Pro or Internet Security of Avast! 6?
  • and what do you mean by Secured With Avast 6! Protocol?

I used to run a similar realtime set-up to yours, but without Malwarebytes'.

To consider:
- Standard User Account
- EMET, for commonly exploited applications
- Hitman Pro (for another on-demand scanner, that uses multiple engines)
- LastPass (secure password manager)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Unless if it is simply called Avast Safeweb. But its new to me about Avast 6 Protocol.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Last time I used Avast! 6, SafeWeb does not actively protect the user.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author

Yeah Avast Safeweb haha, the internet is covered by a secured protocal layer from Avast! which is whatever code is underneath Avast Safeweb, but i guess i shouldve been more less technical! :p

My Apologies!

E

Exorcizm

Thread author

Earth said:
Do you like SafeWeb?

Would you ever use something like AVG Threat Labs Site Safety (Beta) - long name, I know :p

I'd never use AVG, i hate that program with a pashion :p haha it finds and deletes things its not suppose to.. and blocks msn, and i have to manually unblock it by configuring settings etc, Avast just works, and thats what matters ^_^ it always blocks anything that tries to get into my pc, im 100% virus free and have been for nearly 3 years

:)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Hmm, I didn't mean the AVG Antivirus software, but the Website Advisor.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author

Earth said:
Hmm, I didn't mean the AVG Antivirus software, but the Website Advisor.

What i said above was to any AVG software, i try to steer clear of it, ive gone back to it many times, but now ive just given up.

If theres one thing ive learnt in the IT field, its that its very Biased, and opinion favoured/orientated, everyone loves things there way, and believes they know best, (mostly)

but it is very hard to be right on other peoples topics sometimes, because alot of the issues etc have to do with the end user or as they say
The Problem Lies Within The Screen And The Chair

so yeah, its all up to the user, for egsample, everyones telling me to add this extra software to my pc, but ive been fine for 3 years, so why would i? i know how my computer works, and how everything effects it, so unless someone tries really hard to crack into my pc, im fine, if i get a virus, i find them very easy to remove, even the "hard" ones, that dig in deep can take me only 2 hours to remove and fully repair the system, its just how i am, i guess thats where you consider people "experts" in the field, i dont know, but now im going off track so i think i should shut up hahahaha :)

Cheers

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011

That's basically what i was trying to get across, josh,

If it isn't broke, why fix it?

That's basically what i was trying to get across, josh,

If it isn't broke, why fix it?

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011

Lagg actually.. I'm running half the forum on precached pages. :| any damn spike will possibly make the ocassional dp.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author

Oh okay :) fair enough, need that computer and internet upgrade soon eh? ;)

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011

Exorcizm said:
Not the MOST secure setup, but i have more than enough knowledge about computers to know what NOT to do, therefore my current setup has avoided an infection or being hacked for what seems to be approaching 3 years!

It's not what you got, its what you know ;)

Regards
Josh

Exorcizm said:
Oh okay :) fair enough, need that computer and internet upgrade soon eh? ;)

definitively, i'm really missing the gaming side of my computing life! :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.