Exorcizms' Security Configuration *UPDATED 1/11/2011*

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
RE: Exorcizm's Configuration

Luke[Dumke480] said:
Exorcizm said:
Not the MOST secure setup, but i have more than enough knowledge about computers to know what NOT to do, therefore my current setup has avoided an infection or being hacked for what seems to be approaching 3 years!

It's not what you got, its what you know ;)

Regards
Josh

Exorcizm said:
Oh okay :) fair enough, need that computer and internet upgrade soon eh? ;)

definitively, i'm really missing the gaming side of my computing life! :(

I bet, but we should probably steer back onto track of this thread haha :p

E

Exorcizm

Thread author

Luke[Dumke480] said:
yeah sounds like a good idea joshie,

So uhm, Nice config Josh!

Security Config? :)

E

Exorcizm

Thread author

Really Luke? Back on track, overall i feel my security matches my user activity quite well, and has proven so over a number of years :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Exorcizm said:
Really Luke? Back on track, overall i feel my security matches my user activity quite well, and has proven so over a number of years :)

Agreed.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011

Avast! is a solid AV now especially the Free AV, I usually recommend it to my customer's that needs or doesn't have an AV currently. You probably can try tweaking up some of the settings for better protection such as Detecting PUPs and bumping up the heuristics for better Zero-Day Protection. From what I can determine, You're using MBAM Pro since it's categorized in your Real Time Protection right? If so, You're pretty much secured against malware. Don't forget to top it up with a bit of Common Sense. ;)

E

Exorcizm

Thread author

BoXX28 said:
Avast! is a solid AV now especially the Free AV, I usually recommend it to my customer's that needs or doesn't have an AV currently. You probably can try tweaking up some of the settings for better protection such as Detecting PUPs and bumping up the heuristics for better Zero-Day Protection. From what I can determine, You're using MBAM Pro since it's categorized in your Real Time Protection right? If so, You're pretty much secured against malware. Don't forget to top it up with a bit of Common Sense. ;)

Of course, i believe common sense / knowledge is more powerful than any antivirus ;) hehe

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Exorcizm said:
BoXX28 said:

Of course, i believe common sense / knowledge is more powerful than any antivirus ;) hehe

As long as you don't go to any bad websites you are set. :)

E

Exorcizm

Thread author

McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:
BoXX28 said:

As long as you don't go to any bad websites you are set. :)

:angel: Well you know.. ;) Just the non-virused ones :D Haha

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Avast WebRep isn't that good, still early stages. How do you find it compared to Norton SafeWeb?

E

Exorcizm

Thread author

Earth said:
Avast WebRep isn't that good, still early stages. How do you find it compared to Norton SafeWeb?

I find anything Norton pretty much useless, tbh though Nortons' SafeWeb is particularly good, but comes at the expense of internet and browser slowdown in my experience

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

Exorcizm said:

I agree with you Exorcizm :)
good choice.
;)

cheers.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author

win7holic said:
Exorcizm said:

I agree with you Exorcizm :)
good choice.
;)

cheers.

Thanks!

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
UPDATE: I have opened my mind to the terrors of installing new things! :D

I have:
Hitman Pro installed now
ESET NOD32 Smart Security 5 installed now
MBAM installed now
EMET installed now

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:

I have:
Hitman Pro installed now
MBAM installed now
EMET installed now

Ahh, I see. Tell me what you think of ESET and are you currently using MBAM Pro?

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:

I have:
Hitman Pro installed now
MBAM installed now
EMET installed now

Ahh, I see. Tell me what you think of ESET and are you currently using MBAM Pro?

ESET is great atm, its quiet, VERY lite, updates are great, and frequency is great, i use to always use ESET McLovin :)

And yes i am using MBAM Pro, will update, my bad!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
That's good. How do you find the HIPS in ESET?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.