Exploit:JS/Blacole.cx - Found but computer still not functioning

JML123

Thread author
Mar 11, 2014
I tried to run Norton power eraser and it needed the updated version, so I downloaded that on another computer and put it on a flash drive onto the infected computer. Tried to run that, which also required a stable internet connection. Did a little research and downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on my other computer and installed it on the infected computer. Ran a quick scan which then found the trojan C:\Windows\svchost.exe, which was quarantined and deleted. I still couldn't connect to the internet so I ran a full scan, which returned nothing. I then downloaded on another computer the microsoft saftey scanner and installed it on the infected computer. Ran a quick scan which returned nothing. I then ran a full scan yesterday (3/10/2014), which found the following: Exploit: JS/Blacole, Trojans: downloader:asx/winmad.cn, downloader:asx.winmad.cx, and downloader:asx.winmad.cz. It said these were deleted, however that the Exploit required manual steps and to go to the link provided, however the link provided said there were no details on that version of the exploit. The family however did have some details (http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=JS/Blacole). I tried checking the host file and nothing strange is in there. I tried checking the internet settings to see if it was sending to some proxy, but they appeared normal. I tried installing Microsoft Security Defender, however it requires internet connection to run a scan, which I do not have. I cannot update the Java because I don't have an internet connection. I cleared the JAVA cache and I deleted adobe programs (figured I could re-install them later once my computer is clean). I did check for what JAVA is installed on my computer and I see Java 7 Update 17 (Publisher: Oracle, Installed on 3/15/2013, Version: 7.0.170) and Java(TM) 6 Update 14 (64-bit) (Publisher: Sun Microsystems, Inc. Installed on: 2/4/2010, version: 6.0.140). I didn't delete anything because i wasn't sure if both were needed or if one was a prior version that should be deleted. I have cleared my internet history. I tried hard wiring to the internet via an e-thernet cable and running Norton Power Eraser, however it still said I have an unstable internet connection. Ran Kaspersky TDSSKiller and RogueKiller. RogueKiller found some stuff that I deleted, however I still can't connect to the internet or get Norton to work. Norton actually says my service is expired, which is false because I get it through Comcast, which I still have, so it isn't expired. I was going to run Hitman Pro, but that requires an internet connection. I did not fun the scans/files asked because I can't connect to the internet and I don't want to put any files on my computer that is not infected, which is my work computer. I'm stuck.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.