F.lux alternatives

TairikuOkami

Level 15
Content Creator
OS
Windows 10
Nice. I am gonna check out all of those. I use f.lux, but I hate it, because 90% of outbound requests are made by it.
It is bad especially on mom's computer, it keeps notifying about the new version, eventhough updating is disabled.

EDIT: So, CareUEyes does not change the light based on the time, SunsetScreen does have a fullscreen mode, thus far LightBulb seems like the winner.

EDIT 2: LightBulb is too heavy, it takes 1% CPU nonstop compared to 0-0,03% by f.lux, so back to that one again. :(

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
F-Secure
Since you use Windows 10, I think that the built in blue light filter on windows 10 (Night Light) would be a good solution without the need of third party software. And, you can set it to turn on automatically at a certain time.
+1 for that. I am using nightlight for some time now and it is a nice built in windows 10 feature , that works flawless ;)

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
My only grip with F.lux is having to manually launch it at night.
On my computer it starts when I turns the computer on and I also set it to when I want it to go on and when I don't

I use f.lux, but I hate it, because 90% of outbound requests are made by it.
It is bad especially on mom's computer, it keeps notifying about the new version, eventhough updating is disabled.
I just block it at the firewall, job done.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
It depends on your computer. In Fall Creators Update, Night Light is finally working and you can change the temperature. That's all I need although I would prefer to also change the time it takes to transition. But before that, I used SunsetScreen. Easily the best, uses far less RAM and a massive amount of customization options.

TairikuOkami

Level 15
Content Creator
OS
Windows 10
In Fall Creators Update, Night Light is finally working and you can change the temperature.
Yes, but you can only guess the value, I was trying to find the perfect one for months, I am currently settled at 4200/5000. Windows would not tell me that.