Not open for further replies.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Nice. I am gonna check out all of those. I use f.lux, but I hate it, because 90% of outbound requests are made by it.
It is bad especially on mom's computer, it keeps notifying about the new version, eventhough updating is disabled.

EDIT: So, CareUEyes does not change the light based on the time, SunsetScreen does have a fullscreen mode, thus far LightBulb seems like the winner.

EDIT 2: LightBulb is too heavy, it takes 1% CPU nonstop compared to 0-0,03% by f.lux, so back to that one again. :(

Last edited:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Since you use Windows 10, I think that the built in blue light filter on windows 10 (Night Light) would be a good solution without the need of third party software. And, you can set it to turn on automatically at a certain time.

+1 for that. I am using nightlight for some time now and it is a nice built in windows 10 feature , that works flawless ;)

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
My only grip with F.lux is having to manually launch it at night.
On my computer it starts when I turns the computer on and I also set it to when I want it to go on and when I don't

I use f.lux, but I hate it, because 90% of outbound requests are made by it.
It is bad especially on mom's computer, it keeps notifying about the new version, eventhough updating is disabled.
I just block it at the firewall, job done.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
It depends on your computer. In Fall Creators Update, Night Light is finally working and you can change the temperature. That's all I need although I would prefer to also change the time it takes to transition. But before that, I used SunsetScreen. Easily the best, uses far less RAM and a massive amount of customization options.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
In Fall Creators Update, Night Light is finally working and you can change the temperature.
Yes, but you can only guess the value, I was trying to find the perfect one for months, I am currently settled at 4200/5000. Windows would not tell me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.