Advice Request F-Secure and Comodo Firewall - Are they compatible?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I am running CF with cs settings, and wanted to add F-Secure AV as a complement to it. Upon installation, it identifies CF as incompatible, and states that if I continue, it will uninstall CF.

How do I bypass this action?

Secondly, in the Help file of FSAV, it states that it can be used with other firewalls but if I disable the Windows Firewall Control within the program, it displays a red message that my
system is not secure.

How do I disable WFC permanently within FSAV so I do not receive the "not protected"
message ongoing?

Thanks

Reactions: upnorth

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hello,
First, you need to install the f-secure and after that Comodo!
Now you have to remove Comodo then install the f-secure and after that install THE Comodo again.
Btw if it says to remove the Comodo it means they don't work with eachother.. you should not use Comodo FW with f-secure.
incompatible==avoid it :)
that red message doesn't matter don't mind it, no way to disable win fw from f-secure GUI

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I think itis a fault in all of f-secure's installers. when I did use them ( Internet Security ) it gave compatibillity warnings with multiple programms I did want to install : shadow defender , peerblock , zemana , malwarebytes. so I will not use it again.

JoseyWales

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
Follow @public enemy's suggestion. Uninstall CFW, install F-Secure and reinstall CFW again. Bitdefender has similar issues, F-Secure uses bitdefender engine so the issue might be similar.
Bitdefender, Kaspersky, F-Secure, Zonealarm among other well knowns use the very same engine/clone. I'll give F-Secure a nod as they promote that your data will never be released to any government entity whatsoever.

Reactions: gisot and Cortex

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
If you're running W10, you would install CF alongside WD. I believe this the best option when it comes to compatibility.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
i installed f-secure safe from a giveaway, free. the i installed comodo firewall and container. i am not having any problems yet.

i am on windows 10 pro.

rehuszisteN1

Level 1
Nov 14, 2018
Just telling you, performance-wise, I wouldn't recommend that combo. I would rather recommend using Comodo Firewall alongside with Avast, it's lightweight and powerful :D

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
i have comodo web filter, hips, and cloud turned off. it seems light.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Some have with F-Secure uninstalled incompatible software, installed F-Secure then reinstalled the software that's incompatible & added the .exe/folder of the offending programs to F-secure exclusions? It's a pity that F-Secure has such a rigid approach to incompatible software, as programs such as Shadow Defender are a personal must for me. However it's their program, I really like F-Secure though.

If you have a look on their forum they are more than happy to give advice on incompatible software that are having issues with updates/conflicts such as Mbam. HitmanPro, etc.And seem quite happy for users to use another firewall. Most threads ended up with the advice exclude & see how it goes? It would seem it's the initial install that's the problem.
I had an email from Emsisoft & their opinion also is not to use other products at the side of theirs as they may be using a similar scanner makes sense. So F-Secure are not alone :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brie
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.