Advice Request F-Secure blocking site during web banking

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022

Virustotal wont show any detections, is this something suspicious ?

Sometimes payments wont go throught because of f secure banking protection..
Is this the site you were shopping at? Or another website that you opened while banking protection was running?

As far as I know, F-Secure blocks many connection during banking session to secure your session. Anyway, you can always contact their support who in my case has always been helpful.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Virustotal wont show any detections, is this something suspicious ?

Sometimes payments wont go throught because of f secure banking protection..
I would submit the URL to F-Secure and select "I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results".

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Is this the site you were shopping at? Or another website that you opened while banking protection was running?

As far as I know, F-Secure blocks many connection during banking session to secure your session. Anyway, you can always contact their support who in my case has always been helpful.
It happens on few sites, causes my payings not going through..but i dont want to whitelist permanently domains like redirect.re

I would submit the URL to F-Secure and select "I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results".
Yes i submitted this , thanks aswell + thanks @upnorth

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
It happens on few sites, causes my payings not going through..but i dont want to whitelist permanently domains like redirect.re
This is why I prefer how Kaspersky does Banking protection. When you land on a payment site, it asks you whether you like to open it in a secure browser and there is an option to remember your choice (I untick it if I only want to access that site without secure browser for one time). I don't remember if such as option is present in f-Secure, but generally if you visit a payment website you should always know if it's trustworthy or not.

• Applause
Reactions: franz and Moonhorse

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
generally if you visit a payment website you should always know if it's trustworthy or not.
True, but not all payment websites automatic triggers the bankprotection. This case possible points towards untrusted and that is also the reason why member @Moonhorse did the correct thing and submitted the url. He could just did a easy bypass in the settings, but was smart enough and asked instead. Better safe then sorry.

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
True, but not all payment websites automatic triggers the bankprotection. This case possible points towards untrusted and that is also the reason why member @Moonhorse did the correct thing and submitted the url. He could just did a easy bypass in the settings, but was smart enough and asked instead. Better safe then sorry.
F-Secure used to not detect my bank website Bank Of Palestine - Online Banking and I had to submit the url and it was added a day later. I do agree than one should be very careful when it comes to online shopping and should not rely %100 on the security suite to do all the job. One should pay attention to every single detail. More importantly, one should access any banking or shopping sites directly from the official links and sources and not by any redirections done by any sites.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.