On Sale! F-Secure Freedome VPN Discount

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://SerialCart.com
Event start
Feb 12, 2021
Event end
Feb 20, 2021
How to get a license
If you are willing to use the special offer for MT.com members for ranks higher than 5, please post your request in below topic and I will send you a discount code based on your User Level:

[URL unfurl="true"]https://malwaretips.com/threads/antivirus-special-offers.99741/[/URL]

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
F-Secure-Freedom-VPN-768x768.png
Get F-Secure Freedome VPN 2021 with 70% discount.
This is a special offer from SerialCart.com dedicated to malwaretips.com members (as it is described HERE.)

F-Secure Freedome VPN 2021
From
$59.99 $19.99 /y

Click here to view this offer

Note: Please note that this a global license and the pricing of this product is calculated based on the original global pricing on the F-Securewebsite. F-Secure might have different pricing in various regions and countries which can not be used for our pricing calculations.

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Avoid using this VPN, they log pretty much everything.

When you first use the VPN they log:

• Your original IP address
  • Time of access
  • Country code
  • ‘Other similar device data’
And seem to keep this as long as you’re a customer.

Plus whenever you use it, they also log:

• Device ID
  • Host name
  • Session duration
  • Total data used
  • ‘Other similar device data’

• Wow
Reactions: Silbee

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
F-Secure is pretty a clean company when it comes to privacy and they are well-known to be trusted by their customers.

You can find detailed explanation from them on what is being logged here:

We only analyze your communications traffic to provide you the service and to keep your data transfers clean. We do not keep any logs about connections established through the VPN service to external addresses. We cannot link the IP address of your browsing destination to you.
Some level of temporary service logging is maintained to prevent abuse and fraudulent use which would negatively impact the service quality of our normal users. Traffic anomalies that look like a potential abuse of our service (such as port scanning, spamming, or DDoS attacks performed by our clients) are detected by our software and will be logged as well.
Added security features, such as Browsing Protection, require that the requested URLs are checked from F-Secure’s systems to verify if they are harmful and access to the site should be blocked. The URLs are checked and not logged. As stated earlier, the specific websites that you visit, cannot be connected back to you.
Read full privacy policy

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Completely irrelevant if you trust the company or not, a VPN that log's is useless - period.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
What I meant is that they have come clear about it and they have provided details on their product page.

And to be honest the only VPN service which would not log your information would be the VPN service which you setup yourself. No service in the current political situation would be able to keep doing business IF they do not log and do not provide the information which the governments are asking for. It is a sad fact but this is what it is.

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
so, because they are open & clear that they log all your information - that's ok?

Good VPN's use RAM-disks & have independent audits on their services, all you are doing here is defending a 'VPN' that logs your data.

The whole POINT of a VPN is to have your online privacy encrypted, secured & not logged, if all you're after is a service to alter your geo-location (which is basically what a logging vpn is) - use a proxy service, not a VPN.

There is absolutely zero point to a VPN that encrypts your data but logs it all.

Reactions: gisot and roger_m

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
Dear @17410742,

I am not defending any company as we have contracts with almost all of them. I am just offering special prices for those who are interested by keeping our margins as low as possible. For me there is no difference between F-Secure, Norton, Kaspersky or G DATA.

I believe you selected the wrong place to talk about these details. I would recommend that you open a topic in the F-Security forum and mention your points there. This is up to the users to choose what software they use.

Thank you for your understanding.

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Please tell why people may trust what you said, something like that should be proven, otherwise looks like one user experience only...
How about proven in a court case?

The logs were seized illegally in a recent court case so the data must actually be erased now, but it did reveal just how much they actually log in their no-log-VPN service.

Reactions: roger_m

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for sharing your view on the products, however strictly speaking, if you want to discuss F-Secure products you can continue in the appropriate sub-forums - not here.

Guests/Members are free to form their own opinion about the product, and should they want, can buy at a discounted rate. Or buy at full RRP, it's entirely up to the consumer.

F-Secure Freedome VPN Privacy Policy
- F-Secure FREEDOME VPN privacy policy | F-Secure

Reviews found here:
- F-Secure Freedome Review (2021) - Keep This in Mind Before Buying
- F-secure Freedome Review (2021) | Is it worth the cost? [4.2/5]

I recommend creating a new topic in the forum below for further discussions.
Go to F-Secure | malwaretips.com

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Thanks Spawn,

I didn't know this forum was basically eBay for people to promote their own website sales (it certainly never used to be!) whilst trying to silence ON TOPIC replies because it could cause people to 'think twice' about the deal on their own site they're pushing.

The only reason the original poster got pissed off here is not because my replies were off topic or because the information provided was not factual, it's because my comments were detrimental to the amount of 'sales' he could push here on MalwareTips from this deal provided on his own website.

disgraceful practice IMO,

as I didn't realise MalwareTips had become like this, i'll bow out on my own accord

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
Thanks Spawn,

I didn't know this forum was basically eBay for people to promote their own website sales (it certainly never used to be!) whilst trying to silence ON TOPIC replies because it could cause people to 'think twice' about the deal on their own site they're pushing.

The only reason the original poster got pissed off here is not because my replies were off topic or because the information provided was not factual, it's because my comments were detrimental to the amount of 'sales' he could push here on MalwareTips from this deal provided on his own website.

disgraceful practice IMO,

as I didn't realise MalwareTips had become like this, i'll bow out on my own accord
Dear @17410742,

MalwareTips has always had a forum for discounts and deals and everybody is free to post offers with respect to the terms of MT.com for this section.

Would you please mention which information I provided which was misleading or non-factual!!!!!!!!!! I just posted an offer with a price and then a link to F-Secure website. And I am not pissed off at all...as every person in this forum has the right to express their opinions. But MT.com is an organized forum and everything has it's own place. If you do not like a product or brand, everybody MUST respect you while you MUST respect others' opinions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.